Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New User From Missouri

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New User From Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-19, 10:01 AM
steelrider58
NO LONGER A BF USER

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
New User From Missouri

Hello all.

I have been an avid bicycle lover since my teenage years. Born in Iowa, currently live in the St. Louis, MO area. I've owned dozens of bikes over the years and have worked at two bike shops: Michael's Cyclery in Ames, IA and The Touring Cyclist in St. Louis. I do more wrenching/tinkering than I do riding. My PedalRoom ID is "analogkid71". You can see several of my past projects there, as well as my current bike (90s Specialized Crossroads). As my username implies, I prefer bikes made from good 'ol fashioned steel...I will never own any other frame material again. I also do not race and never will. I'm into the "non-racing" elements of cycling: collecting, touring, commuting or just tooling around the neighborhood.

I don't spend a lot of time on forums, and I only really signed up for BF so I can see others' bike photos and get some inspiration. I just wish I wasn't forced to post 10 times before I can post my own photos. I get why, but photos is the whole deal for me.

Professionally, I am an ASHI Certified Home Inspector. So, basically, I get to tell home buyers that the house they fell in love with is actually about to fall over, burn down or cause them cancer.

Rick
Old 09-25-19, 10:23 AM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked 2,178 Times in 1,182 Posts
Hello Rick, nice to have you join us on B.F....perhaps you can use your skills as CHI to perform safety checks on our vintage bikes .
Welcome, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Old 09-25-19, 09:23 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,171 Times in 1,462 Posts
Welcome Rick. I’m sure you found our Classic and Vintage forum. You’ll find lots of company there both both your taste in steel as well as bike activities.
Old 09-26-19, 09:01 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1338 Post(s)
Liked 2,474 Times in 1,449 Posts
Welcome Rick. With respect to posting 10 times, here is an idea for you. When you see a bike on BF you like, post a positive comment about it or a feature that you find interesting. In a session or two, you will have 10 posts and you are good to go.
Old 09-26-19, 03:02 PM
steelrider58
NO LONGER A BF USER

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
OK. Thanks. I thought I had to begin my own thread ten times, not just reply. That makes sense now.