Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,177 Times in 613 Posts
Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
Drop the selfishness
Good point.

If we all chip in, can we send you on an extended holiday cruise?
Likes For wgscott:
Old 04-21-20, 11:13 AM
livedarklions
Cyclesomatic

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Motobecane Fantom CX; Giant OCR A1

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 3731 Post(s)
Liked 2,513 Times in 1,441 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
Good point.

If we all chip in, can we send you on an extended holiday cruise?

Alas, he finally got banned.

Good riddance.
Old 04-21-20, 11:13 AM
Starting a New

Bikes: 1980 Schwinn Continental and an old springer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Two weeks after your post & four after CA went quarantine and I still watch large families and friends just strolling through grocery stores ect without masks or anything. No idea what social distancing is and a few I have seen had that lovely smokers cough.. I wear my running/riding mask that I bought while in living Mexico City for a few years..
Old 04-21-20, 11:25 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 11849 Post(s)
Liked 3,152 Times in 1,776 Posts
Some of you just donít care about your fellow Americans. Many of you have jobs and money coming in but you could care less about the well being of others who arenít so lucky with Corona.

80% of corona deaths are coming from assisted living centers (many with pre existing conditions)

we wonít know full details of Corona for many many years

with known numbers death rate is around 2% (probably much less because we have no idea how many folks had corona and did not know it)

Quit only thinking about yourself. Drop the selfishness
My god, you can speak in mostly complete sentences and be somewhat coherent!
Old 04-21-20, 11:37 AM
livedarklions
Cyclesomatic

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Motobecane Fantom CX; Giant OCR A1

Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest View Post
My god, you can speak in mostly complete sentences and be somewhat coherent!

Guess we'll see if his sock puppet will have the same abilities.

He's perma-banned, btw.
Old 04-21-20, 12:42 PM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Guess we'll see if his sock puppet will have the same abilities.

He's perma-banned, btw.

Probably for the best. It was a bit like picking at a scab.
Old 04-21-20, 12:44 PM
livedarklions
Cyclesomatic

Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
Probably for the best. It was a bit like picking at a scab.

That's unfair to scabs.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 04-21-20, 01:50 PM
CycleryNorth81

Bikes: custom Cyclery North (Chicago), Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 127 Times in 76 Posts

Coronavirus Kills More Americans in One Month Than the Flu Kills in One Year

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...162549658.html
Old 04-21-20, 03:15 PM
tds101 
Wake up!!!

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 101 Posts
plenty of things harm others but you donít care about that (only corona)

Sigh,...who knew he was so biased and closed minded,...
Old 04-21-20, 05:08 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked 223 Times in 132 Posts
Some of you just donít care about your fellow Americans. Many of you have jobs and money coming in but you could care less about the well being of others who arenít so lucky with Corona.

80% of corona deaths are coming from assisted living centers (many with pre existing conditions)

we wonít know full details of Corona for many many years

with known numbers death rate is around 2% (probably much less because we have no idea how many folks had corona and did not know it)

Quit only thinking about yourself. Drop the selfishness
Interesting that you consider wanting people to survive to be "not caring".
Old 04-21-20, 06:28 PM
Seattle Forrest

For what it's worth, our fly friend was driven out of P&R and then perma-banned from bike forums.
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 04-21-20, 06:30 PM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Liked 279 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by skookum View Post
Must mean it's also ok to establish a p@@ing zone in the swimming pool.
Old 04-21-20, 09:09 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
You don't have to read this whole topic, here is an article that explains all the current conspiracy theories in one place. Pick the one you like and go with it.

COVID: Top 10 current conspiracy theories
First "Top Ten" article I've ever seen where the reporter is too lazy to number the list. #10 is "COVID deaths are inflated" & they call it a "far-right meme". Just tarring with silly labels, many lefties also distrust gov't since they see it as being captured by oligarchical interests. Bill Gates is now laughably presented as a progressive whereas he's actually a fascist who made $$billions selling his crappy OS's to the US gov't which could easily have made their own open-source OS. The article insists bats are the definite origin but actually MSM/gov't is quietly walking back from that. Last week (CNN or MSNBC) interviewed a COVID 'expert'...the anchor asked about the bat origin theory (in a rather negative way) & the interviewee said something to the effect of "Well, it's not entirely clear but I still think they are a possible origin".

Well anyway, assigning cause of deaths can be a thorny problem. The gov't stats are absurdly simplistic whereas actuarial science, as employed by insurance companies, would give a much more accurate picture as to the true mortality effect. Ironically, while COVID is constantly described as potentially deadly to all, the gov't tells folks with 'mild' COVID symptoms NOT to go the hospital!
Old 04-21-20, 09:24 PM
Seattle Forrest

The government can't count dead people correctly and should outsource that to insurance companies, but they should make an operating system to drive all government business including the IRS?
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 04-21-20, 09:32 PM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,177 Times in 613 Posts
Threads like this are useful for updating my ignore list.
Likes For wgscott:
Old 04-21-20, 11:17 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
The government can't count dead people correctly and should outsource that to insurance companies, but they should make an operating system to drive all government business including the IRS?
I never said gov't "can't" count correctly. I also never said the counting should be outsourced.. Actually the GAO has (or had) a fairly good reputation so if the aim was to be accurate it would easily be possible for the gov't to do in-house. I don't really get the intent of your IRS reference. IRS computer problems are known to be a result of corrupt & inflated contracts. UNIX is semi-open source & was developed by gov't-related Bell/ATT&T, widely used my many huge corporations. Logically, the gov't should have adopted UNIX/LINUX throughout with relatively low cost to tailor for individual agencies.
Old 04-22-20, 01:33 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 301 Times in 154 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan View Post
I never said gov't "can't" count correctly. I also never said the counting should be outsourced.. Actually the GAO has (or had) a fairly good reputation so if the aim was to be accurate it would easily be possible for the gov't to do in-house. I don't really get the intent of your IRS reference. IRS computer problems are known to be a result of corrupt & inflated contracts. UNIX is semi-open source & was developed by gov't-related Bell/ATT&T, widely used my many huge corporations. Logically, the gov't should have adopted UNIX/LINUX throughout with relatively low cost to tailor for individual agencies.
You know, you'd almost say the same thing happened in China at the start of their outbreak that is happening in the USA, big unwieldy bureaucracy struggling with a sudden crisis, an overwhelmed medical system that's never had to deal with so many sick people, various minor officials with various motives for hiding things or down playing stuff and a leader looking more to the optics of the situation than the reality on the ground.
Likes For Trevtassie:
Old 04-22-20, 06:37 AM
CycleryNorth81

Anti-Vaxxers Are Forming an Unholy Alliance With Shelter-in-Place Protesters

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-vaxx...084235374.html
Old 04-22-20, 07:43 AM
livedarklions
Cyclesomatic

First "Top Ten" article I've ever seen where the reporter is too lazy to number the list. #10 is "COVID deaths are inflated" & they call it a "far-right meme". Just tarring with silly labels, many lefties also distrust gov't since they see it as being captured by oligarchical interests. Bill Gates is now laughably presented as a progressive whereas he's actually a fascist who made $$billions selling his crappy OS's to the US gov't which could easily have made their own open-source OS. The article insists bats are the definite origin but actually MSM/gov't is quietly walking back from that. Last week (CNN or MSNBC) interviewed a COVID 'expert'...the anchor asked about the bat origin theory (in a rather negative way) & the interviewee said something to the effect of "Well, it's not entirely clear but I still think they are a possible origin".

Well anyway, assigning cause of deaths can be a thorny problem. The gov't stats are absurdly simplistic whereas actuarial science, as employed by insurance companies, would give a much more accurate picture as to the true mortality effect. Ironically, while COVID is constantly described as potentially deadly to all, the gov't tells folks with 'mild' COVID symptoms NOT to go the hospital!

You're right, the article got it a bit wrong--the right doesn't have a monopoly on monumental stupidity.

Everyone knowledgeable on the subject understands that the government numbers are going to be wrong, but it's because deaths are being UNDERCOUNTED, not overcounted.

Read this--it's impossible to believe there aren't very significant numbers of people dying at home or before they've been diagnosed:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/o...pneumonia.html
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 04-22-20, 09:01 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Quoted: 17860 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 1,129 Posts
...back in the past Century, when I worked for the feds at SSA, we had an official gubb'mint developed computer machine and boy howdy it wuz somethin' else. That thing could make you weep sometimes. Bugger still ran off mainframes and tapes, and this wuz in the mid 1980's. Those wuz the days.
Old 04-22-20, 09:03 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

...damn gubb'mint.
Old 04-22-20, 09:06 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

For what it's worth, our fly friend was driven out of P&R and then perma-banned from bike forums.
Old 04-22-20, 09:16 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Liked 223 Times in 132 Posts

Get that tin foil hat back on before the government's radiation disrupts your brain any further!!!!!
Old 04-22-20, 09:28 AM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 65 Posts

Corona virus deaths in New York state compared to flu deaths expected deaths 5 year average
Old 04-22-20, 09:55 AM
CycleryNorth81

Corona virus deaths in New York state compared to flu deaths expected deaths 5 year average
Originally Posted by CycleryNorth81 View Post

Coronavirus Kills More Americans in One Month Than the Flu Kills in One Year

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...162549658.html
Is the flu still less deadly?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.