Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

NBC & Tour De France 2019 Coverage

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

NBC & Tour De France 2019 Coverage

Old 07-10-19, 01:57 PM
asgelle

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 263 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
True. But even if he had "only done what everyone else had done" it still wouldn't be okay.
Totally agree.
Old 07-10-19, 02:24 PM
BKE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Dominae
Are you serious with this? Yeah it would really be a shame if doping were no longer a part of cycling. I would surely look back longingly on the good old days of cyclists dying from drugs and making a mockery of the record books.

Ok, I got your sarcasm so, serious question, who died? When and from what? (FTR- I'm a Lance fan, have watched TDF since 7-11 Team, watched "Landis" (BTY, whether right or wrong it was great sitting on the couch with friends drinking beer and screaming) and "Lance" but just in past 2-3 years really understand the team tactics). With that said I don't feel bad because 'BobKe' admitted he didn't either until he starting commentating with Phil and Paul. His words were along the lines of "I was just an animal and wanted to destroy everyone". LOL

I ask because after seeing "BobKes'" interview (which I enjoyed, I'm a fan) after the other days stage I wondered what would he have to say about doping in the field in his day if asked. He was there with 7-11 and then Motorola thru, what, "85-91"? Lance came on scene "93-95" right? Then cancer, then back for the Grand Finale "98-2005" ?? So, who might be able to answer the question, when did it start??

I'm not one of the old soldiers here so am not sure if I should have started another tread or even if it fits in this one. If not, move at your discretion.
Old 07-10-19, 03:09 PM
Dominae

Bikes: Trek Checkpoint; Cannondale Super X

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 22 Posts
Who died? Well you can start with Tom Simpson who died on Ventoux in the 1967 Tour de France and then go from there.
Old 07-10-19, 03:45 PM
BKE

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Dominae

Yes by all means ignoring a politician's warts and moral failings in favor of their ability to provide entertainment value worked out so great in 2016.

Wow, Texaspanje referred to two career fields where it's common knowledge that some members have highly questionable personal/ethical values. No argument about that here, but why did you choose to pick the political side for a jab? We/re talking about Lance, doping, and repenting.

Last edited by BKE; 07-10-19 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-10-19, 04:17 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 379 Posts
Im not 100% convinced that everyone Bhurt about Lance is because 1. He cheated or 2. The way he mistreated people. Knowing how corrupt a lot of sports are and how those athletes are how are they able to enjoy other sports. Or does THEIR moral standards only apply to Lance. I can't help but believe there was some Hero worship dissappointment going on. I say you Need to be your own Hero. Also...
USA deserves Trump. Bahaha
Likes For texaspandj:
Old 07-10-19, 04:37 PM
asgelle

Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 263 Posts
Originally Posted by BKE
So, who might be able to answer the question, when did it start??
https://www.amazon.com/Spitting-Soup...gateway&sr=8-1
Old 07-10-19, 04:47 PM
Dominae

Bikes: Trek Checkpoint; Cannondale Super X

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by BKE
Wow, Texaspanje referred to two career fields where it's common knowledge that some members have highly questionable personal/ethical values. No argument about that here, but why did you choose to pick the political side for a jab? We/re talking about Lance, doping, and repenting.

Wait, I see your location and that explains a lot, gives your career field away.
All I did was quote him. I didn’t realize that constituted bringing politics into the discussion.
Old 07-11-19, 12:42 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 609 Posts
Way off topic...Closed

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html