Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Great pic of Greg Lemond

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Great pic of Greg Lemond

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-19, 02:22 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 282 Posts
Greg LeMond To Be Awarded U.S. Congressional Gold Medal

Well DESERVED!

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...old-medal.html

Courtesy of Forbes

“I always felt Greg’s achievement was bigger than cycling,” says Daniel de Visé, author of The Comeback, a 2018 biography of LeMond.

“Congressman Thompson first contacted me last October. He had read my book, and he wanted to find a way to recognize Greg as an American hero.”

A statement from Thompson’s office remarked that Lemond was “one of the greatest American athletes in history.”

Pointedly, Thompson stated that LeMond was the “only American to win the Tour de France” and was a champion of “healthy athletics and clean competition,” unsaid digs against disgraced U.S. rider Lance Armstrong who has stripped of his seven Tour de France victories after admitting to having doped during his career.

“I am truly humbled to be recognized by the U.S. House of Representatives,” said LeMond.

Last edited by crank_addict; 09-23-19 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-25-19, 08:18 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by skydive69
Then I put it back to you. How can someone diss Lance Armstrong, 6 times tdf champion (soon to be 7), etc., etc. Lemond did and does. Great champion with incredible accomplishments, but that doesn't give his mouth a free ticket to bleat whatever it pleases. And bleat he does.
LOL. This post hasn't aged very well has it? The comments early on in this thread show just how willing people are to ignore the obvious in order to support their guy. Something to keep in mind as I'm sure this bias affects us all to some degree.
Old 09-25-19, 08:08 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 592 Times in 453 Posts
I am appalled. It's a dig against Floyd that the Congressman's statement isn't perceived as a dig against Floyd.
Old 09-25-19, 08:23 PM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 631 Posts
Never thought of it that way.

People wanna take Boyer's TDF stage win due to a criminal conviction. Andy Hampsten and Davis Phinney had better drive carefully, a suspended license from too many speeding tickets could result in the loss of HIS Tour de France stage win, or even Andy's Giro win.