Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

CAAD 10 max rim width?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

CAAD 10 max rim width?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-22, 12:35 PM
procrit
carbon is too light

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 250 Times in 160 Posts
CAAD 10 max rim width?

Built up my old CAAD 10 with Sram Red and need to get some race wheels for it. Does anyone know the max tire and rim width combo I can run? I'm fairly sure I'm limited to 25mm tires, but just not sure what width rims I can get squeeze in there.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-19-22, 01:53 PM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by procrit
Built up my old CAAD 10 with Sram Red and need to get some race wheels for it. Does anyone know the max tire and rim width combo I can run? I'm fairly sure I'm limited to 25mm tires, but just not sure what width rims I can get squeeze in there.

Thanks in advance.
I had a 2014 CAAD10 and I was able to run 28’s on it. I then got cocky and tried to put a set of Michelin 28s on that measured something like 30mm, and those rubbed the chainstay. That was with Easton’s R90SL rims, which are 19.5/24mm internal/external I believe.

With that said, I’ve read that on the earlier years, the rear brake bridge is a bit too low to fit 28s, the tire rubs the bottom of the caliper. I had Dura Ace 7800 brakes on mine with no issues though.