Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Masters Racing (All Disciplines)
Reload this Page >

Masters Misc Race Report Thread

Notices
Masters Racing (All Disciplines) Race on the track or road or on your mountainbike in the Masters Category? Want to talk tactics, strategy and training with your peers?

Masters Misc Race Report Thread

Old 10-26-19, 09:49 PM
Ronsonic 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 41 Posts
Did my first Sr Games TT qualifier. This was Tampa so our standard course is seven miles at Flatwood Park. It's a paved loop that started life as a service road for our local well field. It's biggest claim to fame is probably Amanda Coker's amazing year.

Anyway, my first TT so learned stuff. First thing I learned is that there's nothing in regard to a tech inspection.

Also learned that all that aero stuff, skinsuits and TT bikes; that stuff makes a difference. I rode a pretty standard road bike with clip-on aero bars. I finished fourth but strava tells me my power output was just a whisker shy of the guy in first. Hmmmm.

Next year I'll probably do this again, but A: get more TT experience and B: find the coolest old TT bike I can get my hands on.