Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

To all the adult bike riders illegally riding on sidewalks

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Old 10-12-19, 03:52 PM
FedUp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

let me preface this with- many of my close friends are avid bike-riders. i know the issues with which they deal.

that does not make it ok to have a holier than thou attitude and ride sidewalks illegally.

almost every day i take my dog for a walk or go for a stroll on North Civic Drive there are bike riders zipping past at at least 35 miles per hour going the wrong way on a sidewalk that they are not allowed to ride. They have hit and hurt me, others, hurt my dog🤬😡, who is terrified of them, called me every name in the book, and as soon as i tell them they aren't supposed to be on the sidewalk more cursing and then they run off like the little biotches they are before the police arrive.

Oh- I'm also half deaf. Has it ever occurred to you geniuses that - even if you are on approved and legal sidewalk that the person in front of you can't hear?? Like hurting the disabled eh? Like running over a little dog or child?

i am fed up.

it is not my fault that you don't have enough bike lanes or you can't follow the simple rules or whatever your damage is. People don't stand up and regulate So that just emboldens these riders because they pretty much can do what they want without consequences.

Aaaah- but enter me. Ding Ding! To your right!😂🤣.
So- if you wanna break the law and mow down pedestrians, strollers, my dog or me- i will see you as a threat and do WHATEVER legally to correct you. Next time you wanna call me me a fn***** as you break every bike law - i will deem you as a threat and may pepper spray you, taze you, and call 911. i also have a body cam so it will not be your word against mine

This has to stop.

i have filed a report with the WCPD and they will be on the lookout for such cyclicts on that road and elsewhere.

"Mind your own business *****!" was what i got today when i intervened on behalf of a woman peacefully and legally walking with her headphones on as a cyclist berated her.

This IS my business. And i don't back down.

Find another route you cowards.

Happy riding.
😘

Last edited by FedUp; 10-12-19 at 04:10 PM.
Likes For FedUp:
Old 10-12-19, 03:56 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 3,982 Times in 1,415 Posts
Old 10-12-19, 04:15 PM
SactoDoug
eMail Sold to Spammers

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
I just want to point out that riding on the sidewalk is legal in many places. For example, it is legal in California unless local laws prohibit it. That means it is legal in all of the state except a couple of cities. In my area, not only is it legal, there are signs around the capitol that specifically states that the side walk is a bike route.
Old 10-12-19, 04:20 PM
FedUp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SactoDoug
I just want to point out that riding on the sidewalk is legal in many places. For example, it is legal in California unless local laws prohibit it. That means it is legal in all of the state except a couple of cities. In my area, not only is it legal, there are signs around the capitol that specifically states that the side walk is a bike route.
i am well aware of this.

This stretch of sidewalk is not approved for cycling except for children.