Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

DYNO Taboo Tiki NIB

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

DYNO Taboo Tiki NIB

Old 03-08-18, 01:15 PM
mglynn10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DYNO Taboo Tiki NIB

I'm new to the forums, but I was hoping someone could provide some insight on the DYNO Taboo Tiki. I was fortunate enough to pick up a couple collector bikes locally a few years ago. I'm toying with the idea of letting one go for wedding funds, but would like to have a better understanding of the market value.

With that said, I have a Taboo Tiki brand new, not assembled in original box with shipping labels from the bike shop in 2001. I've had a hard time ever finding how many were ever produced and have yet to see another collector with one in box. I know the used market can go from a couple hundred up to a grand depending on condition.

Any insight, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!
Old 03-09-18, 11:56 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
Never heard of it, you have to provide more information yourself.
Old 03-09-18, 04:06 PM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
I found they were $250 when new. Maybe $125 now but looking at the pictures it isn't a bike I would want to own. It appears to be a peddle forwad design and my back doesn't like that. Roger
Old 05-09-18, 09:58 PM
Rsharris

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is one on eBay now for $775. It is not new in the box. Yours should be worth much more. Although its only worth what someone's willing to pay.
Old 06-04-18, 03:31 PM
Crossthreaded88

Bikes: Cannondale M500, Electra Cruiser 7, Schwinn Cruiser 3 2003 retro, Trek Calipso Cruiser 7sp, Dyno Taboo Tiki, Dyno Moon Eyes, Dyno Duece, Dyno Moto 7

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rsharris
There is one on eBay now for $775. It is not new in the box. Yours should be worth much more. Although its only worth what someone's willing to pay.
Right person right price. There is a club of guys in Austrailia who collect and ride these bikes and one sold to them for $1200 American a few years back. I own one and I wouldn't trade it for any thing. Every time I ride it people freak out and lose their minds over it. Can't leave it anywhere or they'd steal it the light up tiki dude on the front fender blows them away at night. Try eBay Austrailia for starters and see if you can hook a big fish there are guys out there that would buy a second one if it were NIB.
Old 10-13-19, 10:33 AM
TikiGal

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a Tiki Taboo cruiser

I know this is a very outside chance, but wondering if you ever sold your tiki bike. I’m looking for one in very good condition. Thank you!
Old 10-13-19, 12:55 PM
Just Looking

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TikiGal
I know this is a very outside chance, but wondering if you ever sold your tiki bike. I’m looking for one in very good condition. Thank you!
I've seen one for sale on CL in South Florida for $995, just posted up on Oct 11th. I can't post a link so go to Craigslist > South Florida > Palm Beach Co > For Sale > Bikes then search for Dyno. I have no relationship to this item or seller, just trying to help out.
Old 10-13-19, 01:23 PM
JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bik...986165578.html

Heres the link. I was curious and found it. Interesting but not for me.
Old 10-13-19, 04:07 PM
TikiGal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Just Looking
I've seen one for sale on CL in South Florida for $995, just posted up on Oct 11th. I can't post a link so go to Craigslist > South Florida > Palm Beach Co > For Sale > Bikes then search for Dyno. I have no relationship to this item or seller, just trying to help out.
Thank you! I’ll check it out.
Old 10-13-19, 04:31 PM
TikiGal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a taboo tiki cruiser

Thanks guys! I’ll try and reach out to the guy in Florida.
In my wildest dreams, I’d love to find one in California, just to make the shipping easier. I know there are not a ton of them out there, though.
On a happy side note, just scored a mint condition Von Franco Tangerine cruiser for my hubby. 😄
Old 10-13-19, 04:45 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by TikiGal
On a happy side note, just scored a mint condition Von Franco Tangerine cruiser for my hubby. 😄
Congrats!
Old 12-05-19, 11:58 AM
ceelonium
Ceelonium

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Von Franco GT Tangerine

".............. happy side note, just scored a mint condition Von Franco Tangerine cruiser for my hubby..."

Does anyone have an idea how many of the Tangerine Von Francos were made? I bought one recently in ok'ish condition and the guy said only 12 were ever made - but that sounds astoundingly low.
Old 12-05-19, 02:30 PM
Cword

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There's got to be more than 12, I know of a few here in Calgary, so statistically the numbers have to be a lot larger.
I stumbled in here after instagraming my Von Franco and Tiki. Von Franco commented on the image of his namesake bike saying it was his favorite of the cruisers

therealvonfranco

THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE ONE. 😎👍👍
Old 12-05-19, 04:17 PM
ceelonium
Ceelonium

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's awesome! I wrote GT and they said they don't know the total # b/c it was built before they took over the company. Maybe someone at Dyno knows.
Old 12-05-19, 09:34 PM
Cword

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For what it's worth the serial number on mine ends in 146 (after a few zeros) if they were produced in consecutive batches that could be a clue. It might only pertain to frame sequence though and most Dyno cruisers are built around the same frame.
Old 12-05-19, 09:49 PM
TikiGal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tangerine Von Franco

I know several of Dyno’s limited runs were of 1000 or so bikes, but I’m not sure how many of the Tangerine Von Franco’s were made. There are several for sale around here, so they seem more common than say, the Mooneyes or Taboo Tiki. Seems like the biggest problem with them is that the gorgeous candy tangerine paint fades easily. Enjoy yours, they are a beautiful bike and ride so nice