Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Need your help

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Need your help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-14, 01:53 PM
FFMEDIC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need your help

Hi and thank you in advance. I am brand new to the bike world. I have a chance to purchase a Diamondback bike 2014. My problem is there is not a lot of reviews out there yet. This is the info on the web site I could find. Thanks for any help.

https://www.diamondback.com/bikes-pav...d-insight-disc

Insight Disc
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on stumbleupon Share on google More Sharing Services

DB Insight 6061-T6 Butted Aluminum Frame built for speed and comfort
Insight Carbon Straight Blade Fork to minimize weight and wind resistance
700c doublewall wheels to accelerate and maintain speed with less effort
Mechanical Disc Brakes for enhanced braking abilities in all weather conditions
8 speeds to choose from via fast actuating trigger shifters

The Insight series fits into the Performance Hybrid category. Taking the best from both the mountain and road worlds, The Performance Hybrid combines their elements to create the ultimate machine. Larger-diameter 700c wheels offer an efficient platform for this nimble, lightweight bike that’s suitable for commuting, training or simply a weekend ride. The series embraces performance factors valued by today’s racers in training and charity riders.

The 2014 Insight Disc performance hybrid is aimed to please those who commute, train, exercise, or are simply looking for a smooth riding bike for recreation. The jewel of the bike is the Insight 6061-T6 Butted Aluminum Performance Hybrid frame with a formed/hooded top tube, an integrated headtube, and vertically compliant stays (VCS).

Fit specifically for the frame is the Insight Integrated Aero Carbon straight blade fork with Disc Brake Mount keeping your ride smooth, stable, and responsive. SRAM VIA outlines the Insight Disc’s drive train, punctuated by the VIA’s 8 speed shifter/brake lever combo set. The VIA’s smooth shift actuation helps you find that perfect gear combination to get you where you need to go. 32h Equation R23 Doublewall rims laced with 32h alloy hubs provide a solid wheelset capable of all day rides.

Never before has an Insight donned disc brakes, until now. Unique to this Insights makeup is the Avid BB5 Disc Brake set with 6” Rotors guaranteed to give you the stopping power you deserve. Get cozy in the cockpit with an oversized 31.8mm low rise alloy handlebar and 3D Forged 7° stem to give the appropriate rise for maximum steering control and comfort.

A DB Performance Hybrid saddle with gel sits atop a 27.2mm alloy micro adjust seat post offering an exceptionally comfortable ride whether it’s for your next cause ride or simply around the block.

The 2014 Diamondback Insight Disc is black and comes in 4 sizes: SM (15"), M (17"), LG (19"), XL (21").

Bike Specs
Sizes 16" Small 18" Medium 20" Large 22" XLarge
Frame Insight 6061-T6 Butted Aluminum Performance Hybrid w/ Formed / Hooded Top Tube, Integrated Headtube, Vertical Compliance Stays, (VCS), Disk Brake Mount
Fork Insight Integrated Aero Carbon Straight Blade w/ Disk Brake Mount
Rear Shock N/A
Cranks SRAM VIA C3.0
Bottom Bracket Sealed Cartridge
F. Derailleur SRAM X4 VIA Ø31.8 Down Pull
R. Derailleur SRAM VIA Long Cage 8 SPD
Shifter SRAM VIA 8SPD w/ V-Brake Lever
Brake Levers Avid FR5 Brake Levers
Brakes Avid BB5 Disk Brake Set w/ 6" Rotors
Cassette Shimano HG-31 8spd Cassette (11-32t)
Rims 32h Equation R23 Doublewall
Tires Kenda Kwick Trax 700x32c
Pedals Wellgo Alloy body / cage, toe clip compatible
Handlebar DB 31.8mm low rise Alloy
Stem DB 3D Forged 7° 31.8mm
Seatpost Alloy Micro Adjust 27.2mm
Seat DB Performance Hybrid w/ Gel
Headset Integrated "Cane Creek" Size Drop-in ACB 1 1/8"
Colors Black
Chain KMC-Z82
Hubset (F) 32h Alloy QR w/ CNC Disk Mount (R) 32h Alloy QR Cassette w/ CNC Disk Mount
Spokes Black 14g Stainless Steel
Grips Diamondback Dual Density Comfort Grip
Old 01-22-14, 02:11 PM
erg79

Bikes: 2012 Jamis Coda Comp; early 80s Univega Nuovo Sport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SRAM derailleurs, carbon fork...I didn't realize that Diamondback was moving up in quality. Still, Diamondback bikes aren't exceptional compared to other bikes that you could find out there. You say you have a chance to purchase it--I'd assume that you'd be able to purchase other kinds as well. Is this some special deal that you're being offered? You don't say the price.

The most important thing is how it feels to you. If you haven't ridden it, that's the first thing to do.
Old 01-22-14, 06:30 PM
FFMEDIC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry I can get it for about $600.00. Yes I have rode it and it is very nice. I really have nothing to compare it to were I am just starting out. Thanks

I like the bike above I just did not know how the components are on this bike. Can I do better for the money on a treks or something comparable.

Last edited by FFMEDIC; 01-22-14 at 06:36 PM.