Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

bike kickstand bending?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

bike kickstand bending?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-10, 06:57 AM
slipknot0129

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bike kickstand bending?

When I leave my bike outside on its kick stand it bends some after a few days.probably because of the wind.I bend it back by pushing till it goes back because I hit it with my foot when pedaling if its too far bent.. Will that bend my bike frame? Should I remove the kick stand?

The only place I can put my bike against the wall is in my room. Without a kickstand when not using the bike do you just lay the bike on its side?
Old 11-29-10, 07:28 AM
Hask12

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If the kickstand is bending then i would think that the fame is not. Go buy a better kickstand or get rid of the kick stand and instead buy a bike stand. Do a search on google.
Old 11-29-10, 07:29 AM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Are you sure its bending and not just loose? Tighten the nut on the underside of the mount and then see if it moves/bends.
Or you could just remove it. Then lean it against whatever is around -- wall, fence, railing, tree, etc. If you lay it on its side, make sure its with the non-drive side on the ground.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 11-29-10, 02:06 PM
Northwestrider

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, Dahon Mu P 24 , Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Rodriguez Tandem, Wheeler MTB

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Consider a Click Stand.
Old 11-29-10, 04:22 PM
ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6764 Post(s)
Liked 5,476 Times in 3,222 Posts
On my Sport Utility Bike (SUB) I use a Greenfield Stabilizer. I believe this is the best way to prop a bike up. For one thing you can back the bike up and not have the cranks lock into it.

Stabilizer ®

Rear Mount Kickstand
Stabilizer is great for off-road or mountain bikes. It comes complete with an extra wide rubber foot for superior stability, and won't interfere with pedal action or rear derailleur cables. This is the stand of choice by law enforcement bike patrols throughout the U.S. Fits tube sizes up to 7/8" in diameter. Stabilizer also features: Certified Non-Corrosive Casting, Dual Spring Pressure Plate, Snap Action Mechanism, Hardened Steel Pivot Pin,and Calibrated Stem. Weight: 340 grams

https://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bicycle.htm

About $15 from well supplied bike shops or on-line.
Old 11-30-10, 03:34 PM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by slipknot0129
The only place I can put my bike against the wall is in my room.
What's wrong with that? I've had up to six bikes, three-deep in two stacks, leaning against my wall.

Without a kickstand when not using the bike do you just lay the bike on its side?
It's either locked up and secure against whatever I've locked it to or I'm riding it. Or, maybe if I'm watching a concert in a park, it's laying on the ground next to where I'm sitting. This way, it won't fall over from a gust of wind, either.