Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Domane 4.3 to SL6 or SLR7?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Domane 4.3 to SL6 or SLR7?

Old 01-24-21, 10:13 AM
2Wheelforfun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ben, Two to three weeks? Did they have some in stock over in Europe, so just the delay to ship over to the U.K.?

I ordered my Trek SLR7 (but not Project One) on November 10th - they said expect in June, 2021. I am in the U.S.
Old 01-24-21, 10:52 AM
BenOnATrek

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2Wheelforfun
Ben, Two to three weeks? Did they have some in stock over in Europe, so just the delay to ship over to the U.K.?

I ordered my Trek SLR7 (but not Project One) on November 10th - they said expect in June, 2021. I am in the U.S.
Hi, yes they had stock in Germany (2020 model - which looks no different to the 2021 as far as I can tell). Normally would have taken 3 days too ship to the bike store to build up but all freight across the English Channel from Europe is messed up because of Covid and now Brexit. This means lots more paperwork, tarrifs and no one knows how it all works. All a mess!
Old 01-24-21, 11:01 AM
2Wheelforfun

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I’ve already been to Germany for business a couple of times since I ordered my bike here in the States. Seriously should have asked for European delivery.

Please post again after it arrives. Definitely excited for you.
Old 01-24-21, 06:42 PM
August West

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Project One

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 105 Posts
Congratulations. I think you will really enjoy the SLR 7. Mine gets ridden almost every day and I love it.

One of the things I've come to really like is the downtube storage compartment for the flat repair kit. And although it is rather expensive for what it is, the available BITS multi-tool snaps right into the cover of the storage compartment which I love. If you ride with a rear light the Bontrager Flare RT taillight snaps into the mount which is included with the bike and attaches to the top knuckle on the seat most making it practically invisible for a really clean look.

If you do your own wrenching and you've never owned a Di2 bike before you could download the Shimano manuals familiarize yourself with adjustment procedures. It is pretty easy but different from a cable setup. Get the Di2 app for your phone & PC if you have one. Better Shifting is a great source for all things Di2.