Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Did Seven slash prices?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Did Seven slash prices?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-13, 10:47 PM
BykOfALesserGod
Pretty rigid member

Bikes: Sycip Unleaded, Raleigh SS, Trek 1.5, IF Crown Jewel, QR Kilo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did Seven slash prices?

https://www.sevencycles.com/bikes/axiom-s.php

I know it's a tough economy and all but I was surprised that you can get a straight gauge 7 Axiom with Ultegra for less than $5K. They must be asking top end Lynskey prices for an Axiom? Thought they were closer to $3.5K or $4K.

Axiom+Athena... tempting.
Old 03-20-13, 06:29 AM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
That is a good deal for custom. The nice thing about Seven is their fit process where the buyer gets to pick anything and everything. I even with with custom paint - went and picked out the paint color code and told them how I wanted it. Lynskey and others are also fine if you want off the shelf but if you need/want custom, your choices are much less and you pay a whole lot more - not so with Seven's latest pricing
Old 03-20-13, 10:10 AM
IcySmooth52

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seven is the leading custom maker in the industry in my opinion. They seem to be the first to play with unique designs and more carbon in an actual performance application instead of just aesthetics.
Old 03-20-13, 12:53 PM
VegasVic

Bikes: Seven Axiom SL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought an Axiom SL with SRAM Force a little over a year ago and the price looks the same to me. Maybe they did lower Axiom price though.
Old 03-20-13, 05:22 PM
ruindd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This just makes me miss my seven...
Old 03-21-13, 06:24 AM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
The steel prices are where they were a year ago, too. Maybe you're just used to seeing people's costs as built, because while those are whole-bike prices, who buys full custom and doesn't pick and choose on components, too?
Old 03-21-13, 11:20 AM
BykOfALesserGod
Pretty rigid member

Bikes: Sycip Unleaded, Raleigh SS, Trek 1.5, IF Crown Jewel, QR Kilo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
That is a good deal for custom. The nice thing about Seven is their fit process where the buyer gets to pick anything and everything. I even with with custom paint - went and picked out the paint color code and told them how I wanted it. Lynskey and others are also fine if you want off the shelf but if you need/want custom, your choices are much less and you pay a whole lot more - not so with Seven's latest pricing
Yeah I was considering a Seven last year (no I'm not a dentist), but I had this decade+ longing for a steel IF so I got a Crown Jewel instead. Now that that itch is scratched I've been curious for a Ti ride and Seven is an obvious shoo in on the my short list.

Originally Posted by VegasVic
I bought an Axiom SL with SRAM Force a little over a year ago and the price looks the same to me. Maybe they did lower Axiom price though.
Originally Posted by antimonysarah
The steel prices are where they were a year ago, too. Maybe you're just used to seeing people's costs as built, because while those are whole-bike prices, who buys full custom and doesn't pick and choose on components, too?
I guess. The spec does say the build includes house brand parts and a low end wheelset. I was just surprised that if I subtracted my estimate for group/build kit ($1500) and the fork ($300) the frame comes out to just below $3K which puts them right where the Lynskey Helix is and much lower than most custom builders except probably Davidson. Of course, this is straight gauge Ti. Butted will probably clock in at the same price range as everyone else.