Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Colnago Titanio BiTitan

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Colnago Titanio BiTitan

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-20, 11:37 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked 779 Times in 497 Posts
Colnago Titanio BiTitan

I recently acquired a Colnago Titanio BiTitan.

This is a dream come true for me since Colnago is my favorite brand and I have both steel and carbon models.

Im also please that the BiTitan model is all TI and has dual down tubes.

There are other Titanio models also very nice including the CT1, OvalMaster and MonoTitan.

The interesting part of cycling and BiTitan history is that the UCI in the later 1990s

pass rules where many Innovative ideas like the twin down tubes on this Titanio were illegal.

There is not much info on the Titanio models on the net or even the BF posts.

Would like to hear more about the different models and other owners experiences and pictures.

Last edited by joesch; 05-17-20 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Add pix
Old 05-17-20, 11:42 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Note that I have replaced the carbon Arundel cage with a steel version and replace the pedals with road pedals. Also plan to change the bar tape and probably go with a more classic seat like Rolls or Brooks Pro.
Also have a TI stem that would look really nice on this setup.
Old 05-18-20, 10:47 AM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by joesch

This is a dream come true for me since Colnago is my favorite brand and I have both steel and carbon models.

There are other Titanio models also very nice including the CT1, OvalMaster and MonoTitan.

The interesting part of cycling and BiTitan history is that the UCI in the later 1990s

pass rules where many Innovative ideas like the twin down tubes on this Titanio were illegal.

Would like to hear more about the different models and other owners experiences and pictures.
And you put a Shimano drivetrain on that?! You Monster!
Likes For Litespud:
Old 05-18-20, 10:55 AM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 480 Times in 260 Posts
Conti Ultra Sport tyres with a yellow sidewall would suit that bike perfectly. They're not super-bright yellow, instead a more dark yellow.

Very nice bike.
Old 05-18-20, 11:07 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Ha, I missed the dual downtubes when scrolling thru the first time. I read your mention of it and got all confused.
Very interesting!
Old 05-18-20, 02:47 PM
dougphoto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
I've always wanted one of those dual downtube frame, they are amazing!
Old 05-18-20, 07:44 PM
joesch

Originally Posted by Litespud
And you put a Shimano drivetrain on that?! You Monster!
I cant take credit as the bike came to me with Dura Ace as original. I know many of the other Master bikes used DA as I have a C40 EuroBank team bike that was setup with DA with a chain stay Specialized decal for endorsement.
Old 05-19-20, 02:46 AM
Fiery

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
That's a beautiful bicycle, looking forward to updated pictures. Can't help but think how amazing natural cork-looking tape could look on it as it is right now (example). Otherwise, a brown leather classic saddle with brown leather tape would be great too in my opinion. And classic Dura Ace is perfectly at home on a frame like that, as much as any Campagnolo groupset.

Sorry, I don't have any info on the bicycle itself, just had to express my appreciation.
Old 05-19-20, 04:02 AM
CyclingFool95 

Bikes: 1987 Pinarello Montello, 1996 Litespeed Classic, 1996 Colnago Master Light, 1997 Litespeed Ultimate, 2006 Opera Leonardo FP, 2006 Pinarello Paris FP, 1984 Pinarello Record, 89-ish Cornelo Profilo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts
I cant take credit as the bike came to me with Dura Ace as original. I know many of the other Master bikes used DA as I have a C40 EuroBank team bike that was setup with DA with a chain stay Specialized decal for endorsement.
My 96 Master Light came to me with Dura-Ace. I promptly replaced it with 11 speed Chorus. Italian bikes run Campy, or you have to give them up to the first person who promises them a good (ie Shimano free) home. Seriously though, beautiful bike.
Old 05-19-20, 04:43 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,825 Times in 878 Posts
That's a very nice bike
Old 05-19-20, 05:45 AM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts

can i have it....please.
wow, very nice old school ride.
enjoy.
😄
dare i inquire as to price paid?
i ride an old 90's ti italian steed as well bianchi.
Old 05-19-20, 06:13 AM
joesch

Originally Posted by Fiery
That's a beautiful bicycle, looking forward to updated pictures. Can't help but think how amazing natural cork-looking tape could look on it as it is right now (example). Otherwise, a brown leather classic saddle with brown leather tape would be great too in my opinion. And classic Dura Ace is perfectly at home on a frame like that, as much as any Campagnolo groupset.

Sorry, I don't have any info on the bicycle itself, just had to express my appreciation.
Brown Rolls saddle has now improved the appearance and ride for me.
My favorite bar tape is leather and will be next upgrade.
Campy group would be my preference but the dura ace will stay atleast for awhile, as it looks and performs very nicely.