Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Idiot buyers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-06, 02:56 PM
wangster
MADE IN TAIWAN

Bikes: Tarmac, Humble, Makino, Schwinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
START RANT:

I've was selling the yanagisawa and came across the biggest loser idiot buyer ever. After several emails and a very long and annoying phonecall, he had the nerve to email me today and wrote "Would you consider 250? because I have to get it stripped and powder coated." WHAT!!!??? You want to strip down a great keirin frame and powdercoat it? AND have the nerve to ask me to sell it for 250??? WTF. I told him that I don't have it anymore and wouldn't sell it to him anyways if he was gonna strip and powdercoat it and that trackstar has it now and he should look there.

Then he emailed back and said "trackstar, you have to pay him to sell it for you, be careful, he
might claim someone broke in and stole it hehe!"

What an idiot! I wrote back again. I know I should just ignore it, but he was trying to convince me on the phone that my frame wouldn't go for squat on ebay and asked me why I think it's worth 500 and why it's better than other frames. If you don't know about frames, thats fine, but don't try to make it sound like I don't know what the hell I've got.

So I wrote back: Hey, they're friends of mine and your joke isn't funny. I traded the frame with them so we both got a good deal. Like I said, if you don't know what your looking at, maybe you don't deserve it and I suggest you get something else. Maybe an IRO will be better for you. Tony at IRO is a stand up guy and make a great product for a great price. You can see the frame in person at trackstar if you want and tell them that you want to strip it and powder coat it and see what they say.

he writes back: i went to trackstar once to look for a frame, they blew me off, i would never go there
ever!they charge 2x retail, if you dont have pink hair + tatooes you dont fit in. i dont need trackstar for sh**, iv'e road a fixed gear before they ever came into it!! P.S. you know you imported that frame from Japan for squat anyway!

What a ******bag! Whats it to you what I got it for and if you don't want to pay that much fine, but stop trying to low-ball me.

I'm just ranting and feel free to burn me about whatever. I'm gonna go write back a nasty email telling him he's a ******bag and report his email as spam and block it.

If this person is on the forums and your reading... YOU'RE AN IDIOT, ASSHAT!!!

END RANT.

Last edited by wangster; 02-19-06 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-19-06, 03:00 PM
gregg
puvpntb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its lame that someone would spend so much energy trying to talk a sale price down instead of finding a good deal on a frame.

Why waste so much energy when there are other frames out there to be had?
Old 02-19-06, 03:00 PM
Revit
kill -9 1337

Bikes: old raleigh conversion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lolerskates
Old 02-19-06, 03:01 PM
hyperRevue
King Among Runaways

Bikes: 2004 Bianchi Pista, Cannondale Track, Soma Pake, Schwinn Breeze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haha.
Hilarious.

::crosses fingers in hopes that this guy is on here::

Last edited by hyperRevue; 02-19-06 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-19-06, 03:08 PM
sbeatonNJ
"I love lamp"

Bikes: 06 Fuji Track with upgrades, 06 Redline Flight Monocog, 01 Trek XO1, 2003 Cervelo P3, 2006 Bianchi San Jose monstercross

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think that if I were you ,even if he was going to pay 500, mentioned the words "strip and powdercoat" I'd have to say no deal. It will do just fine with trackstar.
Old 02-19-06, 03:33 PM
WakeUpOnFire

Bikes: 1989 trek 330 fixed gear conversion, fuji something

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wangster
YOUR AN IDIOT ASSHAT!!!

I believe you meant, "you're an idiot, asshat."
Old 02-19-06, 03:36 PM
12XU
Dismount Run Remount etc.

Bikes: A couple customs and some beaters.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I want to see this guy go into any retail store and ask for things at cost using the logic that the product was "imported from Japan/China/India/Malasia for squat."
Old 02-19-06, 03:39 PM
wangster
MADE IN TAIWAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WakeUpOnFire
I believe you meant, "you're an idiot, asshat."
oops, me no speak so good. Corrected.
Old 02-19-06, 03:40 PM
soyboy

Bikes: raleigh gran prix converted to fixed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i had the same thing happen selling a guitar on ebay a while back, the kid was an idiot and after winning with a bid around 500 claimed the guitar wasn't worth that and i should lower the price since he'd never heard of hagstrom anyway, i explained that it was a little known brand from back in the day with a cult like following and that he had already agreed to pay, after a few frustrating exchanges and a refusal to pay i left some negative feedback and relisted it and wound up getting about 600 for the guitar from someone who was very happy with it, some people just don't know how to conduct business transactions and don't recognize a good thing
Old 02-19-06, 03:46 PM
wangster
MADE IN TAIWAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On the phone, he was asking thing like how do I know its not rusted inside and did I take out the bb to see if it was rusted inside. He was asking how much new keirin frames cost and didn't believe me when I told them they can be upwards of 2k. He was convinced that I'm trying to rip him off and wouldn't get off it.

I would've sold it to him for 475 or something but I wouldn't sell for 600 if now knowing he wants to strip it and powder coat it.
Old 02-19-06, 03:52 PM
wangster
MADE IN TAIWAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The guy's a moron. Here's another email exchanges we had.

HIM: "i need the cranks.i was looking on ebay and saw a debernardi,not bad price, lugged frame,italian too.i dont think its fair to talk $ without seing 1st."

Me: "I'm not selling cranks alone. sorry. I'm only offering cranks if someone is buying the frame. There's no point in me selling just the cranks, because then I'd have an incomplete bike."

HIM: "i never asked you to sell me the crank, u must got me confused with some one else"

WTF, am I crazy?

He kept on saying how it was so much cheaper on E-framebank and couldn't get it through his thick skull that they don't sell outside of japan and that he needs a contact there to get from e-framebank...

I'm just really annoyed with the whole thing, which is one of the reasons I traded instead of selling... I don't want to have to deal with another dimwit like that again.
Old 02-19-06, 04:06 PM
evanyc
i believe in me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dude, i thought our exchanges were private and confidential! i don't think it's fair that you're posting them here! if you had a problem with the way things went down, you should have told me privately!

kidding...

saw the yanagisawa at TS yesterday. looked rusted on the inside i tried to get michele to buy it.
Old 02-19-06, 04:17 PM
wangster
MADE IN TAIWAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how much is ts charging? You should see the concept I traded it for... awsome... smooth... me likey... still gonna get a custome, just have to wait another month.
Old 02-19-06, 04:20 PM
evanyc
i believe in me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i didnt even look at price. i can't look at prices anymore, cause if i think something's a good deal, i'll buy it even if i don't need it. just bought a frame despite having the custom coming in a month...
Old 02-19-06, 04:21 PM
helvetica
Wake Up America!

Bikes: Bridgestone MB-1, Expert Dave Scott, Balance MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tell him to post on here so he'll get ripped a new one.. if you dont believe the price ask someone on bikeforums.net (ss/fixie) section
Old 02-19-06, 04:25 PM
wangster
MADE IN TAIWAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I already told him off and don't want anything more to do with him. I want him to wallow in his ignorance and spend eternity seaching for a keirin frame with a IRO price.
Old 02-19-06, 04:26 PM
jyossarian
SERENITY NOW!!!

Bikes: Haro Vector, IRO Rob Roy, Bianchi Veloce

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think you got a lonely troll w/ a crush and yellow fever. Or he's enjoying annoying you w/ stupid emails.

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!
Old 02-19-06, 05:22 PM
wlennon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I, myself have just dealt with an idiot for the sale of a Debernardi on Ebay (which your idiot buyer mentioned.) This kid used his parents credit card to pay for the bike without their permission. The 'rents freak out and tell him he can't have the bike. Long story short...I have to refund his parents, relist the bike which is a loss of my time and money. Booo.

The best part of my interaction with the kid is when he asked "can I pay for the bike with a post-dated check." Brilliant.
Old 02-19-06, 05:31 PM
skingry
Asshat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wangster
YOU'RE AN IDIOT, ASSHAT!!!
Hey! Waow I didnt now you guys were on thsi forum?@!?!

Seriously though, who the **** is such a moron to make a claim that they were riding fixed "before TS got into it" and then thinks a Kerin fram is worth 250. I agree with the above poster that maybe you have a troll with a crush on you, or a friend who is playing one hell of a joke.
Old 02-19-06, 06:02 PM
Alexi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
post dated cheques don't mean squat, as soon as they give you a cheque it does not matter what the date is. You can deposit it and the funds should clear in normal time, not what the date says. I learned this the hard way when I was out of the country for a few months.
Old 02-19-06, 06:21 PM
Rodador

Bikes: 3Rensho, Moser, Inmaculada

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think the most amazing thing is that the bike didn't sell immediately for the asking price. Seems very reasonable to me, for a very cool bike.

When you list things on Craigslist, you should view it as entertainment as well as commerce. You know you're going to get a lot of whacky questions/offers.
Old 02-19-06, 06:34 PM
wlennon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe the post date was because the buyer didn't have the funds. It would of bounced. Oh well.

You're right selling bikes, parts, etc. through the internet is good god damn entertainment. The questions you get also force the seller to learn more about what they're selling. I dig it but only when the buyer can actually pay.
Old 02-19-06, 06:48 PM
brunning

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
welcome to every craigslist transaction i've ever had.

i've attempted to sell a lot of bike, camera and musical equipment on cl over the years. a few success stories, but mostly the requisite "starving student" offering me half my asking price, but hey - he can come pick it up right away and my asking price is too high anyway and he looks at ebay every day and there's no way i can get what i want for it, etc.
Old 02-19-06, 06:51 PM
wangster
MADE IN TAIWAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That sucks about the shady idiot kid. Post dated checks will clear but in his case, I'm sure the parent's will find out and get that money back again or something.

wlennon, your right that sometimes it forces the seller to re-evaluate their sale and learn more to either lower or raise the price. I'm just really turned off by this whole experience because I got some real idiots.

One chick thought it was a 51cm for some reason and after I went to her place to show her the bike, it turns out she need something like a 52cm. 49cm was clearly marked on the listing.

Another cat, who had a very strong accent that I counldn't really understand wanted to know if he can put a carbon fork on the thing.

Another dude emailed me and asked if he would fit it eventhough he rides a 54cm right now. WTF??? Yeah, he'll fit, just not very well.
Old 02-19-06, 07:18 PM
humancongereel
live free or die trying

Bikes: bianchi pista workhorse, cannondale r1000, mountain bike fixed conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the last bit could have to do with the difference in seat tube length on a track frame and a road frame...that sometimes confuses me, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.