Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

The Hardest Part For Me Is Getting Out The Garage Door

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

The Hardest Part For Me Is Getting Out The Garage Door

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-20, 05:38 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by ts99
Wait, this is a Clydesdale forum, a guy says he has a hard time getting out the garage door, and no one makes the obvious joke? Come on, guys.

I'm the ~same age and weight as the OP btw.

Yeah, that kind of sucks! I am the same age, only 260 pounds though. I give people and other cyclists the opportunity to tease me and call me a fat bastard but I haven't had it happen yet. People are too sensitive and politically correct nowadays to tease poke one another for fun!

6'1/ 260. I don't have a problem fitting out the garage door. Those stupid urinal partitions yeah, but not garage doors!

Just a fat bastard.

Old 01-05-20, 06:40 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
It was a reference to MOTIVATION.
Old 01-05-20, 08:08 PM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1991 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 1992 Trek 1400, 1997 Cannondale CAD2 R300, 1998 Cannondale CAD2 R200, 2002 Marin San Rafael, 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 R1000, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDudeIsHere
Yeah, that kind of sucks! I am the same age, only 260 pounds though. I give people and other cyclists the opportunity to tease me and call me a fat bastard but I haven't had it happen yet. People are too sensitive and politically correct nowadays to tease poke one another for fun!

6'1/ 260. I don't have a problem fitting out the garage door. Those stupid urinal partitions yeah, but not garage doors!

Just a fat bastard.

Fortunately, I work with very politically incorrect people. But when it comes to weight, I always beat them to the punch, taking all that power to offend away from them, if they tried... But now that I have lost 130+ pounds, the fat guys are trying to kick me out of their "club", warning me I'm geting close to not being able to make fat jokes anymore... Or weigh in on fat related issues...
Likes For zjrog:
Old 01-05-20, 11:09 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by zjrog
Fortunately, I work with very politically incorrect people. But when it comes to weight, I always beat them to the punch, taking all that power to offend away from them, if they tried... But now that I have lost 130+ pounds, the fat guys are trying to kick me out of their "club", warning me I'm geting close to not being able to make fat jokes anymore... Or weigh in on fat related issues...
Those bastards! Need a "can't make fat jokes anymore club jersey!.
Likes For TheDudeIsHere:
Old 01-09-20, 12:04 PM
zowie

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GAtkins

All these stats are weak compared to the vast majority of the riders on this board,

Glenn
No, they're only weak compared to the people who like to show off their stats. Tons of people aren't riding over 2k / year annualized. And measured by effort exerted you're probably beating a lot of them too.