Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Post your Concorde

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Post your Concorde

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-21, 02:36 PM
Elev12k

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 37 Posts
The Concorde is finished.!

For tape I use Bikeribbon Professional. It looks very much like the old stuff. Same texture, but its is slightly thicker.

The frame shows several Concorde mentionings en Concorde logos. On the top tube there is an Italian flag. Concorde was a Dutch brand, but this frame was made in Italy, probably by Ciocc.

Driveside crank with pantographed arm and rings >>>

Rear Delta >>

Specs
Frame: Squadra
Fork: Squadra
Headset: needle bearing
Stem: Cinelli 1R
Handlebar: Cinelli Campione del Mondo
Bar Tape: Bikeribbon Professional
Brake Levers: Chorus (I think)
Brake Calipers: c-Record Delta
Brake Pads: c-Record
Shifters: c-Record
Front Derailleur: Super Record
Rear Derailleur: Super Record
Cranks: c-Record
Chainrings: c-Record
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo (don't know what model)
Pedals: no pedals yet
Rims: Mavic Open Pro SUP
Hubs: Record
Hub Skewers: Record
Tyres: Vittoria
Saddle: Campagnolo
Seatpost: c-Record or Chorus
Seatpost Binder: Campagnolo
Bottle Cage: American Classic
Old 03-26-21, 02:25 PM
pttreacy

Bikes: cannondale caad 3 Raleigh 753

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Beautiful
Old 04-15-21, 09:16 PM
krakhaus 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 176 Posts
Took my new Aquila out for a 25 miler this morning. It felt great despite the massive headwind both ways,. Still needs some dialing in, and I'm waiting on a few small, mostly cosmetic parts.

Likes For krakhaus:
Old 04-16-21, 01:22 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by krakhaus
Took my new Aquila out for a 25 miler this morning. It felt great despite the massive headwind both ways,. Still needs some dialing in, and I'm waiting on a few small, mostly cosmetic parts.

nice build and bike. glad it fits. happy riding!
Old 04-16-21, 10:11 AM
krakhaus 

Originally Posted by ooga-booga
nice build and bike. glad it fits. happy riding!
Thanks, I've been going back and forth on it, and I still think it's too tall for me. Sadly, it's going to have to find a new home soon. It's painful to get rid of because it's so pretty.
Old 04-16-21, 01:39 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by krakhaus
Thanks, I've been going back and forth on it, and I still think it's too tall for me. Sadly, it's going to have to find a new home soon. It's painful to get rid of because it's so pretty.
assuming you’d be keeping all the components, etc. that you added, offer for the frame and fork still stands along with picking up so you wouldn’t have to box up/ship.
Old 04-16-21, 02:07 PM
malcala622

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 716 Posts
@krakhaus Adding to the Concorde conversation. My buddy with the 56cm Aquila is waiting for your call
Old 05-17-21, 12:43 AM
mruneedahelmet

Bikes: Ritchey Road Logic 2.0 (2017), Concorde Prestige (199?)

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Just picked up a mid 90's Concorde Prestige. It has me scratching my head; TIG welded Tange Prestige tubing with Ritchey vertical dropouts and internal cable routing on the toptube. I believe it has full original spec (excluding the pedals and bar tape). Full Shimano 600 Tricolor groupset, Mavic rims, Cinelli stem and bars, and rather interestingly Ritchey saddle, seatpost, and tires.

Can't find much information about Concorde in the mid 90's. I understand their earlier frames were constructed in Europe, and later their lower tier offerings came out of Taiwan. But this is unmistakably built for racing. The Tange-Ritchey connection is particularly curious but I haven't found any similarities between this frame and the earlier Ritchey Road frames, other than the tubing.

Oh, I should mention that it rides beautifully. (Too new to post photo or link to photo, unfortunately. Uploaded images to my album though for those who are curious)
Old 05-17-21, 06:51 AM
krakhaus 

Originally Posted by mruneedahelmet
Just picked up a mid 90's Concorde Prestige. It has me scratching my head; TIG welded Tange Prestige tubing with Ritchey vertical dropouts and internal cable routing on the toptube. I believe it has full original spec (excluding the pedals and bar tape). Full Shimano 600 Tricolor groupset, Mavic rims, Cinelli stem and bars, and rather interestingly Ritchey saddle, seatpost, and tires.

Can't find much information about Concorde in the mid 90's. I understand their earlier frames were constructed in Europe, and later their lower tier offerings came out of Taiwan. But this is unmistakably built for racing. The Tange-Ritchey connection is particularly curious but I haven't found any similarities between this frame and the earlier Ritchey Road frames, other than the tubing.

Oh, I should mention that it rides beautifully. (Too new to post photo or link to photo, unfortunately. Uploaded images to my album though for those who are curious)
Pic assist

Old 05-17-21, 06:52 AM
krakhaus 

Originally Posted by malcala622
@krakhaus Adding to the Concorde conversation. My buddy with the 56cm Aquila is waiting for your call
I texted him awhile ago, but he didn't get back to me. I'm still interested in it.
Old 05-17-21, 04:56 PM
mruneedahelmet

If I have deciphered the serial number correctly, the bike is of Japanese manufacture from September 1995, frame size 54cm. That would make sense given the componentry (8-speed 600, MIJ Ritchey parts. In case it wasn't apparent from the images, the tubing is Tange Prestige Road OS. Seemingly few examples of production bicycles using the OS steel tubesets but I guess by the time they were available, aluminium and even carbon fibre frames were hitting the market.

This frame has very similar ride qualities to my newer Ritchey Road Logic 2.0. The tubing diameters are the same but the Ritchey Logic tubing is triple butted, vs. double butted for Prestige. The lineage between the two is undeniable; the Ritchey is a modern analogue of the Prestige - it even came equipped with a complete 6800 Ultegra groupset. Really, the componentry differentiates the two bikes moreso than the frames.

I will post better photos as soon as I am capable.
Old 05-19-21, 11:10 PM
mruneedahelmet

I took it out for a leisurely ride yesterday. Still a respectably swift bike considering the components. Stupidly I ran 95-100psi instead of 115 as recommended and suffered some increased rolling resistance.The main hindrance was the ergonomics - finding the right angle on the seat to reduce pressure points, the huge distance between the hoods and the drops, the sloped ramps on the bars which presented few comfortable hand positions. Reach is just a touch long for me but hopefully some new handlebars will rectify that. Overall I am absolutely thrilled with this bike.

Concorde prestige

Drivetrain and dropouts

Seat tube decals and collar

Head tube and internal cable routing

Last edited by mruneedahelmet; 05-19-21 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-23-21, 07:41 PM
smithron99

Bikes: 1981 Raleigh Grand Prix, 1999 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo e Koo, 2004 Klein Aura X, 2015 Devinci Leo SL, 1988(?) Concorde Prestige

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow, frame looks to be in great shape. I've got one from late 80's. Also with Ritchey drop-outs. I believe Ritchey partnered with the Japanese manufacturers to develop his ideas before setting out on his own...
Likes For smithron99:
Old 08-15-21, 09:22 PM
jongal

Bikes: fargo, troll, brompton, sekine, nishiki

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
colombo

recently built a concorde frame into a neo-retro ride. mavic ssc carbon spokes wheelset, shimano 600 brakeset, derailleurs, and crankset, vo noveau rando bar, unicanitor seat, 9speed 11-32 cogs, flat pedals

pics in album in my profile
Old 08-15-21, 09:54 PM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 449 Posts
Picture Assistance

Originally Posted by jongal
...pics in album in my profile

Likes For machinist42:
Old 08-15-21, 10:16 PM
jongal

Bikes: fargo, troll, brompton, sekine, nishiki

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
many thanks machinist42!

this frame has no serial number under the bb. it has no ciocc engravings but it has the engraved "concorde" on the seat stays at the seat cluster. it has campanoglo drops (stays and fork). toptube lugs taper into a line with an embossed dot at the tip. downtube lug has a clover design cutout. it has the generic colombus stickers. the paint scheme is similar to a concorde astore already posted here

Last edited by jongal; 08-15-21 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-25-23, 09:25 AM
Joleturc

Bikes: way too many...

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Same concorde bile, where to find info on it?

Hi I just picked up a concorde bike and I was wondering how to find info on the model?

it is exactly the same as you mruneedahelmet, but in 21in size

(hey this is my first thread participation &#128077 !

Originally Posted by mruneedahelmet

Old 06-20-23, 09:23 AM
Joleturc

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Anyone can help to find info on an old Concorde frame?
Likes For Joleturc:
Old 06-20-23, 09:27 AM
Joleturc

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hey I have your sister over here : serial number is S95126549
Where is that bike from by the way?

Old 06-22-23, 12:33 AM
Seanaus

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 52 Posts
I have no idea how I didn't know there was a Concorde thread...... But here's one of mine, a Billato built Concorde Squadra in SLX, with Dura Ace 11 speed. this is my go to bike for more serious rides It's sort of neo retro, 1995 frame, 2005 wheels, 2015 group (all within a few years plus or minus).
Likes For Seanaus:
Old 06-24-23, 05:39 AM
Seanaus

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 52 Posts
Next up, a Billato Concorde Prelude from 1995. Small Belgian club team from KSV Deerijk, with sponsorship from Westautos, a car dealer, and Jowan, a bicycle shop in Kluisbergen. Dura Ace 7410 on this one...... It's currently getting a makeover which involves replacing the immensely deep Cinelli 66s with a set of 63s. This was my first completed retro steel project build, and I still really like it
Likes For Seanaus:
Old 06-25-23, 04:19 AM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked 4,600 Times in 1,764 Posts
A couple of months ago I eelieved my LBS of this Billato-built Prelude. Looking the worse for wear, with a mix of parts and being too small for me, it will get a makeover and probably move on to someone with shorter legs sometime in the future.

Old 01-11-24, 08:02 PM
marius.suiram 

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 110 Posts
Concorde Aquila - Dura Ace