Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

No Helmet, No Ride

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

No Helmet, No Ride

Old 07-28-20, 07:02 PM
quickrelease5

Bikes: 2019 Calfee tetra SRAM etap, 2009 colnago EPS, 2000 Trek 5.9 Domaine, 1978 Holdsworth professional

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
fake news about cadaver helmet testing!
Fact:: A 2018 federally funded study at Virginia tech, no cadaver heads, just an anvil and an array of impact sensors. I cant post the link on this blog, as that is restricted to some type of "boys club" rule that one needs 10 posts before a link can be posted. The rationale is what? Google helmet safety and it pops right up. Bottom line: Helmets significantly reduce the impact of blunt head trauma.

Too hot and sweaty to wear a helmet? try a sweatband or skull cap, or take comfort in the fact the air-conditioning in emergency rooms, neuro rehab centers and morgues is usually top notch.,

I look forward to nationwide laws to mandate helmets for all cyclists to protect against head trauma, which is the leading cause of death from blunt trauma in the US. Another fact. The helmet debate is similar to the seat belt debate from a previous generation, where a public health initiative was judged to me more important that individual freedom ( the air blowing in your sweaty hair) and countless lives have been saved. Another fact.
Old 07-29-20, 07:40 AM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 418 Posts
Nah. I'm all for helmets, and never ride without one, even in my velomobile.

However, I think people should have the freedom to be idiots and not wear one.
Old 07-29-20, 08:17 AM
holly77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
helmet saved me life so many times