Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Tried out some goggles for the first time tonight

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-16, 11:46 PM
Canker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 133 Posts

Over the last few weeks I've broken two pairs of safety glasses and my new helmet makes wearing glasses uncomfortable so I figured what the heck I'll try some goggles. Picked up a $25 pair of 100% brand goggles off Amazon. First off they are very comfortable and it is really nice not having frames blocking parts of your vision. They also don't bounce around or slide down your nose, you just put them on and forget about them. I was worried about fogging but didn't really have any issues there either. I busted my chain and didn't think to take the goggles off while fixing the chain which took around 5 mins and that was the only time I fogged up a bit. With my glasses just stopping for 30 seconds would fog them up. They also keep your face warm which is a pro now that it is winter and maybe a con come summer. I think the biggest con is I look like a tool riding XC trails in goggles .
Old 11-14-16, 10:02 AM
Leebo

Bikes: Kona Dawg, Surly 1x1, Karate Monkey, Rockhopper, Crosscheck , Burley Runabout,

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 66 Posts
Glasses should work fine with any helmet. No issues ever with mine. Helmet and glasses used?
Old 11-14-16, 12:23 PM
Canker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 133 Posts
Bell Super 2. The glasses are just 3 different pairs of nothing special safety glasses. The helmet sits down closer to my ears than most helmets and pushes the arms just slightly into my ears, it ads up over an hour + to start being annoying. That also pushes them down my nose so I constantly have to push them back up and makes it a PITA to put the glasses on when I take them off during breaks because I have to jam them between my head and the helmet. I'm sure there are glasses out there that would work better but I just wanted to try out some goggles.

Last edited by Canker; 11-14-16 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-15-16, 07:23 PM
pholuvr
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Canker
Over the last few weeks I've broken two pairs of safety glasses
You're doing it wrong.