Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Oltre Sizing

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Bianchi Oltre Sizing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-20, 04:03 PM
greene

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi Oltre Sizing

Hey Y'all,

I'm looking for sizing advice on a Bianchi Oltre XR3. I'm around 5'7" - 5'7.5" tall, with a 31-32" cycling inseam (pants are 30s). I'm debating between the 50 cm and the 53 cm model.

I'm currently riding a 55cm Bianchi Eroica frame with a whopping 130mm stem, which is way too long for me.
I spend most of my time on the tops, and have almost no saddle drop on the bike. It kinda works, but it really doesn't, and long rides on the hoods make my lower back stiff.

I'd be using the bike for long distance rides, not races. I'm thinking the 53 cm would be a little more relaxed than the 50, without too much drop.
But I worry about 53cm being too big, from my experience with the 55. Anyone have any recs?
Old 07-06-20, 04:58 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
I'm 66" and fit best on a 52. So the 53 sounds good. If your lower back gets stiff, your position or fitness is probably an issue rather than the reach. So why didn't you try a shorter stem?
Old 07-06-20, 05:19 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
Stems can be pretty inexpensive, why not get a stem comparable in length to the bikes you are considering and see what that does for you. They maybe you'll have some more actual experience to base your decision on what size new bike.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 07-16-20, 10:14 PM
Thalia949

Bikes: Masi Gran Crit, Bianchi Campione D' Italia 84, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Ibis Ripley, Co Motion Tandem, Merlin Agilis, Ritchey Breakaway, Bianchi Infinito CV, Colnago Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 63 Posts
I bought an Infinito CV earlier this year and has a similar issue. I normally ride a 56cm, but the size run was 55cm and 57cm. After riding both, I chose the 57 and went with a slightly shorter stem than stock and running about 1mm of spacers. The benefit is that the bike is more stable and the front end feels stiffer die to the shorter stem and minimal spacers.

Also, not sure if the Oltre 3 has the same seatpost as the infinito, but if it does, there is a lot of adjustability fore and aft.

Good luck with the choice