Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Quite a dilemma...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Quite a dilemma...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-10, 10:18 PM
FZ1Tom
creaky old bones

Bikes: Trek 7200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hang in there. I would love to find or build up a similar Panasonic myself! (in fact I'm thinking of picking up a Super Course frame to do my own build with).

Tom
Old 08-16-10, 03:23 PM
CMC SanDiego

Bikes: Too many to list, all titanium or steel.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Gene,

You've certainly got some great friends, and even if you don't know them personally a lot of people who care about you and your well being. I agree that biking can and will help you pull yourself back into a normal routine. Here are a couple of quotes that indicate that we're not the only ones who feel that way (some of them came from people here on the forum).

"Be at one with the Universe. If you can’t do that, at least be at one with your bike" – Lennard Zinn

“My mother and I have a difference of opinion. She thinks I should go see a shrink; I think I should buy a new bike.” – Alex Obbard

“Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside.” – Jim Malusa

" Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." – James E. Starrs

"When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking." –Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Keep your head up, and smile when you can. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-20-10, 12:14 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,470 Times in 1,435 Posts
I'm sorry to read your news, Gene. Keep in touch.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.