Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The Rebirth of BOBishBikesFS on Google Groups

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-20, 10:33 AM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked 1,387 Times in 758 Posts

​(Apologies to people who will see this multiple times.)

​As many of you are no doubt aware, the new ​dark overlords who own Yahoo! Groups​ (Verizon)​ decided ​the service doesn't fit into ​their plans, so is in the process of shutting it all down.​ To that end, the web interface to the BOBishBikesFS group was​ tossed out, and the group operates by email only until the end of January, when it will be terminated completely. After some emails back and forth between a few people, I volunteered to set up a new BOBishBikesFS group on Google Groups​ which is now live​:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bobishbikesfs

Unfortunately, the subscriptions of more than half the members of the old Yahoo! group were set to "no mail," so the loss of the web interface meant that they were completely shut out of any announcements specific to that group. (Way to go, Verizon.) That is the purpose of this message. I'd like to reach as many existing members of the old group with just a few messages to large groups of like-minded bikies so I don't have to send out more invite emails than absolutely necessary to alert everyone to the availability of the new group. Obviously, even if you weren't subscribed to the old group, you are welcome to join its reincarnation.

If you have any questions or complaints, please address them directly to me via email (skip.montanaro@gmail.com). I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Skip Montanaro
Evanston IL USA
Old 01-21-20, 10:10 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,829 Times in 2,228 Posts
What is a Bobish Bike ???

for non-Yahoo/Google members who might wonder what they might be missing
Old 01-22-20, 12:04 PM
bertinjim 

Bikes: 1970s Alex Singer, 1960s Peugeot PX 10, 1960s Bertin C37, 1973 Carre Bertin C 37, 1972 Carlton Kermesse, 1981 Peugeot PX 14 Super Competition

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 266 Times in 157 Posts
Wildwood-

The Bridgestone Owners Bunch (iBOB) was a forum that supported owners of the Grant Peterson inspired Bridgestone line of bikes when he was a product manager/designer at Bridgestone USA. When Bridgestone USA folded, it became a generic group that favoured steel bikes, wider clearances, non-aero, slightly funky bikes such as early Rivendells. So, basically, BOBish bikes are the kind of bikes seen and talked about here in the Classic & Vintage Forum.
Likes For bertinjim:
Old 01-22-20, 12:33 PM
mgopack42 

Bikes: 2020 Argon 18 Krypton Pro, 1985 Masi 3V Volumetrica, 3Rensho Super Record Aero, 2022 Trek District 4.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 206 Posts
I have a Pinarello that is in the color BoB (Black on Black), I was thinking this was for me... alas, an outsider again!