Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Ordered new Cruiser

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Ordered new Cruiser

Old 11-21-19, 08:54 AM
kirby999

Bikes: Schwinn Heavy Duty, Electra Cruiser 1 x2 , Electra 7d Fat Tire, Specialized Roll, Specialized Hardrock , Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 125 Posts
Ordered new Cruiser

I was looking at Cruisers trying to decide on my next one , probably the last for awhile anyway .
Looked at Electras , another C1 , but in Cadet Blue ? I wanted something bright , something other than Matte Black or Matte Bark . Even my Fat Tire is a flat Titanium color . So that left out the other Electra I was looking at , the Cruiser 7D . Duplicate matte colors of what I already have .
I looked at cheaper bikes on Amazon , but just couldn’t buy something I wouldn’t ride .
I’m sort of a snob I guess when it comes to bike brands .
The other bike brand I like is Specialized , the maker of my Roll, which I consider to be a cruiser bike . A nice cruiser too . Upright comfortable riding at its best . And the trigger shifter and seven gears on my Roll have always performed better than my Electra Fat Tire .
So, I chose another Roll . But this time in a bright color . Lime Oak/green Titanium. And what a bargain IMO , at only $30 more than what an Electra 7D would cost me .
My Roll is the only bike ,where the only thing I’ve changed on it was the pedals , grips, and the saddle . It comes with huge 650x2.3 balloon tires that remind me of Maxxis Hookworms, only fatter.
Can’t wait to pick her up and add her to my collection. A stock photo until I get the real thing .

Last edited by kirby999; 11-21-19 at 10:58 AM.
Likes For kirby999:
Old 11-21-19, 01:16 PM
kirby999

Bikes: Schwinn Heavy Duty, Electra Cruiser 1 x2 , Electra 7d Fat Tire, Specialized Roll, Specialized Hardrock , Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 125 Posts
My black Roll out for a cruise this morning.
Likes For kirby999:
Old 11-24-19, 02:41 AM
tim24k

Bikes: To many to list. I like them all!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I like bright colors. It’s important to be seen while you are riding your bike. Specialized has good products. Post some pics when you take delivery.
Old 11-25-19, 04:45 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh Retroglide IE 7 spd, Electra Townie 21d, Electra Townie 21d

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Congratulations!