Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Rockshox Recon overhaul kit

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-19, 10:52 PM
BarryVee

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL6, Santa Cruz Tallboy 27.5+

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Need help determining proper overhaul kit for front fork on a 2017 Santa Cruz Tallboy. Fork is a Rockshox 2017 Recon Silver RL Solo Air 130mm Travel. Has 110mm boost for 27.5+ or 29” with 32mm stanchions. I did the lower leg service at about 100 hours. Now I’m at 200+ hours and it’s time for overhaul.

Used the kit pictured, & when I ran into trouble some left overs from the one purchased at LBS for the lower leg service. The kits are not identical. Dust wipers and foam rings in the new kit are larger than those that came with the fork. Was able to replace damper piston ring and O-rings using the new kit & an O-ring from the left over one. Reused retainer on seal head as none were included in the kit. None of the O-rings where correct to replace negative or positive air spring O-rings, but was able to replace O-rings on the top cap. Thinking back the damper piston ring might be a little large too but it seemed to go in ok. Cleaned and reused Existing foam rings & seals.
(Seal head retainer ring not pictured as it bounced across the garage & I had not found it yet when this picture was taken).

My bike is back together with a nice smooth operating fork now.I’d really like to obtain the correct kit number to help my LBS help me obtain the proper one so I can do the job over right this time. Kit pictured says "For FK8566", Included Rockshox wipers "RXWT000025", "48-4015-081-000.

Last edited by BarryVee; 11-22-19 at 12:50 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 11-22-19, 12:12 AM
cobba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Rockshox Part # 00.4315.032.628

https://www.bikeman.com/FK8684.html

Look on pages 38 & 40 in the Spare Parts Catalog:
https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/..._spc_rev_b.pdf
Old 11-22-19, 12:57 AM