Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Selling a 25-yr-old Hardrock... that's never been ridden

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-23, 07:38 AM
Zaskar

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 156 Posts

I bought this Specialized Hardrock for my wife in 1998. It was a Christmas present. It was 25 degrees out. No ride. We found out shortly after that she was pregnant. No ride. Moved to NYC put bike in storage. No ride. Fast forward 20+ yrs. The bike is still hanging on the wall. It's never been ridden, never even sat upon The front derailleur installation sticker is still in place. But, it's time to free up some wall space.

Any suggestions on where to sell a low-end mtn bike caught between "old" and "vintage"?

Old 05-24-23, 09:24 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 628 Posts
I'd try Specialized or a local Specialized shop. They may want it for some 25th anniversary promotion or whatever. Otherwise Craigslist where it might fetch $300 or so.
Likes For 2old: