Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

UpRide - video upload service for logging aggressive drivers and other hazards

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Old 03-03-20, 09:29 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20800 Post(s)
Liked 9,447 Times in 4,666 Posts

Cycliq sent out an email today for a service that they're launching - UpRide

I don't know how it'll work in practice, but it sounds like a good start in theory. Basically, you can go to UpRide to upload videos of punishment passes and other aggressive driving or road hazards. You can add the incident to a map and there are data fields to log license plates (this would be great for establishing a history of aggression in the event of an eventual hit and an "I didn't see 'em" shoulder shrug defense).

Anyway, it looks interesting and I think that it has potential with enough participation, so I though I'd spread the word. I'll certainly give it a go the next time I have a close call or a coal roll or a whatever.
Old 03-03-20, 09:39 AM
WhyFi

Oh, also, Cycliq is having a 30% off sale with the launch of the site, so a good time to buy a camera/light if you're in the market and have been on the fence.
Old 03-03-20, 03:55 PM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 418 Posts
There is already and existing service (that has successfully been used in court) that has this feature: https://closecalldatabase.com/
Old 03-03-20, 04:13 PM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by Notso_fastLane
There is already and existing service (that has successfully been used in court) that has this feature: https://closecalldatabase.com/
Yeah, I came across that site last year and the registration was broken at the time, though I was able to register earlier today. At this point, there have been two incidents reported to CCDB in the last year in my metro area with a population of ~3 million people and lots of cyclists. It also lacks the map and direct video upload functionality. CCDB is certainly better than nothing but, if you're running a camera, UpRide is much more compelling to me from a number angles.