Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

New wahoo bolt v2 for your Garmin 540 plus cash

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-23, 01:24 AM
Jon_g2 

Bikes: Cannondale caad10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 22 Posts

Hey all,

I have a new wahoo bolt v2 that I've used on one ride that I'd like to trade instead of trying to sell it and buying a Garmin 540 and I'll add in $100. I sold my bike after one ride with this new unit and I'm getting a new bike soon. It's my second one after I washed my first one (sadly) and I've never had a single issue. The only reason I want a Garmin is because a friend of mine that works at a bike shop is hooking me up with his garmin Rs200 pedals that he only used a few times and didn't find the need for. I want a more seamless integration between computer and pedals that is all. I also got a Garmin watch recently and I'd like to stay in one platform with my cycling electronics.

Anyway, message me and we'll make a trade if you're interested. Thanks very much for your time.
Old 12-13-23, 06:43 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
The pedals should work with the Wahoo head unit. I have various Wahoo products that I use with my Garmin and vice versa , when I was running my Wahoo computer, I had several garmin products that linked to the Wahoo head unit. You would just need to make sure to connect them to the garmin app and they should connect to the wahoo seamlessly

Old 12-13-23, 06:46 PM
Jon_g2 

Originally Posted by jaxgtr
The pedals should work with the Wahoo head unit. I have various Wahoo products that I use with my Garmin and vice versa , when I was running my Wahoo computer, I had several garmin products that linked to the Wahoo head unit. You would just need to make sure to connect them to the garmin app and they should connect to the wahoo seamlessly
Thanks for the information. Do you think I will be missing out on anything by not having them both be garmin?
Old 12-13-23, 07:07 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon_g2
Thanks for the information. Do you think I will be missing out on anything by not having them both be garmin?

Nope. I have 4 bikes with Wahoo speed indicators and 1 bike with cadence\speed, and my HR strap. My garmin head unit does not care and it just pics its up and records it. I personally like the Wahoo speed and cadence sensor better than the Garmin units so it all works out. My wife uses a simple HR strap she got off Amazon she wears on her arm for $25 and it picked up on the old Wahoo unit she was using until it finally gave up the ghost, but it also works on her Garmin 130.

Old 12-13-23, 07:15 PM
Jon_g2 

Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Nope. I have 4 bikes with Wahoo speed indicators and 1 bike with cadence\speed, and my HR strap. My garmin head unit does not care and it just pics its up and records it. I personally like the Wahoo speed and cadence sensor better than the Garmin units so it all works out. My wife uses a simple HR strap she got off Amazon she wears on her arm for $25 and it picked up on the old Wahoo unit she was using until it finally gave up the ghost, but it also works on her Garmin 130.
Perfect. I should have done more research lol. I honestly thought I'd be missing out on some important stats or something lol
Likes For Jon_g2:
Old 12-15-23, 12:19 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 694 Posts
The Wahoo Computers will not support Garmin Cycling Dynamics.
Even though Garmin made Cycling Dynamics an open standard, Wahoo has not adopted it.

Do you need the additional data of Cycling Dynamics... well....likely not.
Will you always wonder what you're missing... I did.

Barry
Garmin 840
Likes For Barry2:
Old 12-15-23, 12:24 PM
Jon_g2 

Originally Posted by Barry2
The Wahoo Computers will not support Garmin Cycling Dynamics.
Even though Garmin made Cycling Dynamics an open standard, Wahoo has not adopted it.

Do you need the additional data of Cycling Dynamics... well....likely not.
Will you always wonder what you're missing... I did.

Barry
Garmin 840
Thanks for the information. Do you know what I would be missing? Obviously I'll get speed, cadence and distance on top of other stuff, but besides all that If I only care for left/right power output do you know if I will get it on the wahoo?
Old 12-15-23, 12:29 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 694 Posts
The Pedals will give you Power and Cadence.
Yes, Wahoo Bolt will give you left & right power measurements.
Distance and Speed come from the GPS in the Computer, potentially aided by a wheel mounted Speed sensor if you choose to use one.

Cycling Dynamics basics

Barry
Old 12-15-23, 12:33 PM
Jon_g2 

Originally Posted by Barry2
The Pedals will give you Power and Cadence.
Yes, Wahoo Bolt will give you left & right power measurements.
Distance and Speed come from the GPS in the Computer, potentially aided by a wheel mounted Speed sensor if you choose to use one.

Cycling Dynamics basics

Barry
I think I may have found my answer here. I don't know what torque and pedal smoothness is. I mean I do have an idea but on a bike computer I'm not sure what that would look like. I haven't had it before so I probably shouldn't even worry about it lol