Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Recumbent Con worth it?

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Recumbent Con worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-16, 08:15 AM
Zinger5656

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recumbent Con worth it?

I am still somewhat new to my Trike and I love it very much. I am interested in Recumbent Con in October, but I am wondering if it is worth going when I am not interested in buying a new trike? I cannot come close to upgrading right now because of cost alone. So why tease myself? Thoughts?
Old 08-09-16, 11:17 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 182 Posts
Roughly 5 years worth of posts regarding Recumbent Cycle-Con Recumbent Cycle-Con - BentRider Online Forums Note that this is an industry convention and only open to the general public on Saturday and Sunday. See posts #96 and #97 on page 10.
Old 08-09-16, 11:20 AM
mobilemail

Bikes: You mean this week?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Zinger5656
I am still somewhat new to my Trike and I love it very much. I am interested in Recumbent Con in October, but I am wondering if it is worth going when I am not interested in buying a new trike? I cannot come close to upgrading right now because of cost alone. So why tease myself? Thoughts?
I went a couple years ago when it was in chicago, I'm glad I did. Even for a bike nerd like me, it seems like there isnt a ton of real innovation, just product evolution. But when I saw the myriad variations on recumbent bikes and Trikes with huge differences; and was able to actually speak to the builders, sellers, and other community nerds, it became totally worth it.
Old 08-10-16, 03:44 PM
Floyd
el padre

Bikes: Rans Stratus, ICE TRike, other assorted

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My humble opinion... if you are able to go, like bicycle stuff and appreciate the beauty of seeing what is available, why not go. No one is pressuring you to actually buy anything... I don't know that for sure, just thinking it. peace
Old 08-11-16, 05:10 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
Can't advise you on that. I haven't even heard that it's 'on' this year. Over in the BROL classifieds, Bryan has insisted on leaving it as a sticky, even though the last post to the thread was in 2013.
Old 08-11-16, 05:32 PM
garysolo

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recumbent Cycle-Con is alive and well for 2016. Here is the link: Recumbent Cycle-Con Trade Show & Convention
We had a booth there last year and plan on it again in October. I'll let you decide for yourself whether or not it's worth attending but here is our Laidback Bike Report video from the 2015 show to help you

Gary Solomon

Host of the monthly live Laidback Bike Report

You can watch our show live or see any of our past webcasts by going to our website:

The Laidback Bike Report - Home

Owner of the Google+ Recumbent Bike Rider Community

https://plus.google.com/communities/...15228937413676

2005 Rans Screamer
2009 Gold Rush Replica
2006 V-Rex
1980 Tour Easy (wife's)-SOLD