Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Raleigh Twenty fork and other mods?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Raleigh Twenty fork and other mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-17, 10:17 AM
vicious cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
RAleigh Twenty seat post clamp needed

I have a nice Raleigh Twenty in white, The past owner had lost the clamp for the seat post, I have the lever , I just need the clamp that surrounds the top of post, oversize from most standard posts.

thanks, David
Vicious Cycle
Old 08-14-17, 09:50 AM
JMONAY
Some hooligan

Bikes: Several 3-speed Raleighs, several old road bikes, several old mountain bikes, all slightly or heavily modified

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vicious cycle
I have a nice Raleigh Twenty in white, The past owner had lost the clamp for the seat post, I have the lever , I just need the clamp that surrounds the top of post, oversize from most standard posts.

thanks, David
Vicious Cycle
Ah, that's unfortunate. I don't have a spare but will keep my eye out in case I stumble across one, and let you know.
Old 09-09-17, 07:07 PM
kraftwerk 
my nice bike is at home

Bikes: 2011 BMC Race Machine / 2012 BMC Road Machine / Trek 2300 / '90's Merlin/ '70's Raleigh 20/ Ti-'swift' folder / Erickson w/S&S couplers

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
Shimano BB55 with Phil Wood cups.. I think thats what I have on my Twenty, it's been awhile. Works great with old Campagnolo cranks, 53 chain ring. Took that bike all over the world ( in a suitcase ) Speaking of Mod's: I was thinking of going with a carbon fork upfront.
Will let you know how that goes...

Old 09-10-17, 09:29 PM
JMONAY
Some hooligan

Bikes: Several 3-speed Raleighs, several old road bikes, several old mountain bikes, all slightly or heavily modified

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kraftwerk
Shimano BB55 with Phil Wood cups.. I think thats what I have on my Twenty, it's been awhile. Works great with old Campagnolo cranks, 53 chain ring. Took that bike all over the world ( in a suitcase ) Speaking of Mod's: I was thinking of going with a carbon fork upfront.
Will let you know how that goes...
That's sweet! Do let me know how that goes, especially how you deal with finding a long-enough steerer tube. That's in a realm that I am fairly unfamiliar with, so maybe that's a silly question and the steerer tubes do come at 10 inches long before cutting.
Old 09-18-17, 02:13 PM
kraftwerk 
my nice bike is at home

Bikes: 2011 BMC Race Machine / 2012 BMC Road Machine / Trek 2300 / '90's Merlin/ '70's Raleigh 20/ Ti-'swift' folder / Erickson w/S&S couplers

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
I did buy a carbon fork, it's somewhere around here, not yet installed. I will leave the full height of the fork tube and just add a BIG carbon spacer.. or that is my intention anyway.
i want to build the lightest folding twenty I possibly can w/out breaking the bank or compromising strength. It is such a good folder to travel with since it can be locked up on the street and people don't give it a second thought. note: I don't fold it when traveling I disassemble it 100%

Old 09-18-17, 04:23 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by vicious cycle

thanks, David
Vicious Cycle
I have a white twenty folder in pieces right now, will probably part it out.
Please don't confuse ebay "asking" prices with "selling" prices. Many sellers never get their ask price. some are far from it. Value is determined once an item actually SELLS. Its easy enough to check SOLD prices.