Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Bike Seat Suggestions?

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Bike Seat Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-15, 06:10 PM
Southerngirl92

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Seat Suggestions?

I was wondering if y'all have any suggestions for bike seats that offer pelvic support?

I have a beach cruiser type bike but I can't ride it because the seat just hurts me too much. I have Spina Bifida, mild lumbar Scoliosis, and Diastasis Pubis (pubic bones are separated) riding a bike with these things can be very uncomfortable so I was wondering if maybe there is some miracle seat out there that is made for people like me? That's probably a long shot because I'm not sure that there are too many people that have all of the "issues" I have lol.

I'm not really a bike enthusiast, I'm trying to lose weight, and when I was in my teens (I'm 23 now) I would ride around the neighborhoods to friends houses and I lost a lot of weight that way, and my condition didn't bother me too much. I guess with age (like everything ) it's gotten worse. The seat I have now is pretty wide already but it's not very soft so maybe that's the problem?

Anyway, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them, and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Old 07-27-15, 07:36 AM
SquidPuppet
Calamari Marionette Ph.D

Bikes: 3 Chinese Gas Pipe Nerdcycles and 2 Chicago Electroforged Boat Anchors

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2358 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Man, this is a tough one. Even among the people without your issues, saddles are a HUGELY personal thing. You can find two riders of equal height, weight, sit bone width, and fitness, and one will love saddle "A" and one will find it excruciatingly uncomfortable. It's all about your bottom.

I'd suggest finding a bike shop that would allow you to test ride different models. Some will even help mount them on your bike so you can spend a little time really checking them out before making a purchase. I'd also have that shop measure your sit bones in order to find a good place to start.

Hope this helps.