Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Shout-out for R+E Cycles - Seattle

Search
Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-16, 07:58 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,829 Times in 2,228 Posts

There are several shops in the Puget Sound area that serve the needs of Vintage bicycle owners, and I have tried to find most of them - believe me. Recycled Cycles is perhaps best known - given their name - and they have been great (esp Jon in service).

Yesterday I visited R+E Cycles, for the 1st time, and received the best customer service (for a bunch of little troubling problems) that I have ever experienced in a bike shop. It helped that it was a slow day, but everyone was genuinely friendly.

John showed me a 14+ lb steel roadie, light as a feather. I passed on his offer to see the frame building area, don't need to develop an itch for a new bike.

I highly recommend R+E for your new and older bikes.
Old 12-08-16, 01:02 PM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Oh, you simply must take the tour at R+E. Not only are the machines they have re-made to meet their custom building a real joy, but they even manufacture components for export that are then re-imported on bikes from Taiwan.

Dan Towle, the owner, has assembled a truly great team there. Everyone seems to love riding and has done so for years. When I picked up my tandem that they built for me three years ago, one of the mechanics just wouldn't let me take off with it until every little thing was absolutely perfect. Mind you this was on the Thursday before STP, so it's not like things weren't a bit busy. Perhaps the fact that the owner was once an employee helps.
Old 02-20-17, 12:48 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1784 Post(s)
Liked 1,622 Times in 928 Posts
I am a regular customer of theirs as well. I always come in with ridiculous custom frame projects and random odds and ends. They've always gone the extra mile in term of service and fabrication excellence. Any thing you need, they stick to the published rates though...and things escalate quickly. Granted, my last few "projects" would have undermined their own custom frame niche. So I understand the rigidity and consistancy of their pricing whether it's bulk or piece meal. I've been thoroughly impressed with frame repair and modifications everytime though.

Their on-the-spot service is top notch, and why I keep coming back.

Car dependency is a tax.