Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cycling in Montreal

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Cycling in Montreal

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-19, 04:55 AM
Dan333SP
Serious Cyclist

Bikes: Emonda SL6

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5721 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 99 Posts
Cycling in Montreal

I’m in Montreal for the weekend (F1 race! Woo!) and I have a road bike rented until Sunday. Anyone here ever ride around this city? I rode up Mont Royal yesterday and spend a while on a bike path next to the Lachine Canal, but I’m looking for additional routes for SERIOUS CYCLISTS such as myself. Strava heat maps seem to mostly just highlight the bike lanes and paths, which are plentiful, but still curious.
Old 06-07-19, 06:32 AM
gregf83 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 177 Posts
I don’t know Cycling routes in Montreal but what I do to find good local routes is to explore segments on Strava and look at the leaderboards for hilly segments. You can usually find groups of riders this way and with a little sleuthing find the local club rides.
Old 06-07-19, 02:14 PM
ChinookTx

Bikes: Lynskey GR270

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
Montreal is made of highways, more highways and a ton more highways ;-) If you're ok with driving a bit, go see Chambly (and Fort Chambly). Cycling in Montreal is like crossing the highway with your eyes closed.