Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

brake and alignment

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

brake and alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-09, 09:11 PM
kris cho

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
brake and alignment

let me ask you about my schwiinn world sport brake. I believe there are 2 brake arms put together to grab onto the rim, right? ok, there's a nut infront of the brake arms to hold them together. But the NUT
unscrews by itself when i keep using brake. If i tighten the nut tight, then the brake lever doesnt release.
i don't know how to hold it into place.

2) alignment: After i changed the tires, it seems like the bike doesnt go straight when i let go of my hands. It went straight before i changed the tires. Maybe it's because i took out the rear rim and didn't put it back in right?

It seems like the rim is placed to the left instead of dead staight. But I don't think the rim can go to the right nomore...

how do i check if the rim is aligned? how do i fix?
Old 07-26-09, 03:22 PM
DMF 
Elitist Troglodyte

Bikes: 03 Raleigh Professional (steel)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1) I bet you're missing some washers from the stack, or they're in the wrong place.

2) Probably. How does the rim mount? Nuts?

- Will Rogers