Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

New Giant Anyroad 2

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

New Giant Anyroad 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-16, 09:39 AM
GodinSession

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
New Giant Anyroad 2

Hello All. I am excited to post pics of my new 2015 Giant Anyroad 2. I LOVE this bike. So comfortable, and just the perfect bike for what I was looking for. I wanted drop bars, but did not want a true road bike. I have had them in the past, and wanted something more versatile as it is my only bike. I wanted to be able to put wider tires on it and have a more upgright posture on the bike. When I went to my LBS they took me straight to the 'gravel grinders', and I quickly realized it was the exact type of bike I was looking for. I knew the second I got on the Giant Anyroad it was what I have been looking for. I have had quite a few different bikes over the years, from race road bikes to endurance road bike, cyclocross, and mountain bikes. Even a dual sport type bike. This by far is my favorite of all of them. It is defenatley not as fast as a true road bike, but plenty fast enough and so super comfortable.
I put Maxxis Refuse 700x40c tires on.
MKS Lambda Pedals
Brooks B17 Preaged Saddle
Topeak Dynapack
Bontrager Flash R Rearlight
Cygo Metrolight handlebar light

Next year I may look into the new Apex 1x gearing. I love the thought of no front gears, but the range it still offers. Perfect for my type of riding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Front Full Bike.jpg (95.6 KB, 204 views)
Mirror.jpg (94.6 KB, 184 views)
Bag.jpg (101.4 KB, 183 views)
Pedal.jpg (98.7 KB, 176 views)
Light.jpg (100.3 KB, 178 views)
Full Bike.jpg (95.6 KB, 214 views)
Saddle.jpg (96.3 KB, 165 views)
Likes For GodinSession:
Old 03-27-16, 10:44 AM
Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command

Bikes: 3 Road Bikes, 2 Hybrids

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Congrats!
Old 03-27-16, 12:12 PM
RickGr4

Bikes: 2016 Giant Fastroad CoMax 2, 2002 Jamis Tangier, Classic Nakamichi 10 speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice bike!!!

Whenever I look at pictures of new Giant bikes such as AllRoad, AnyRoad and FastRoad I think this company knows more about bike frame design than the other companies do.

When it comes to frame design, I happen to think that Giant is the leader and the other players are followers. The more sharp angles a bike frame has, the less thought the designers put into the design.

Last edited by RickGr4; 03-27-16 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-01-16, 11:05 PM
bisuper

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm considering to buy Topeak Dynapack (4L) 66usd or Dynapack DX (9.7L) 117usd... please advise your thinking!

I really like the small one (4L) but it's quite small with my clothes and stuff when I go to work!... The bigger one is ok, however is it too big for my bike (fastroad slr1 which is same frame with Anyroad)?!!

Another option is Exustar E-BBR27 (12.6L)... the price is quite cheap for this material (High-impact ABS + TPU hard-shell case & 2520D polyester)... I can take this one at 72usd! This dimension is L32 x W22 x H18 (cm)... is it too big?
Attached Images
e-bbr27_250x250.jpg (20.1 KB, 254 views)
Old 04-02-16, 08:06 AM
GodinSession

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bisuper
I'm considering to buy Topeak Dynapack (4L) 66usd or Dynapack DX (9.7L) 117usd... please advise your thinking!

I really like the small one (4L) but it's quite small with my clothes and stuff when I go to work!... The bigger one is ok, however is it too big for my bike (fastroad slr1 which is same frame with Anyroad)?!!

Another option is Exustar E-BBR27 (12.6L)... the price is quite cheap for this material (High-impact ABS + TPU hard-shell case & 2520D polyester)... I can take this one at 72usd! This dimension is L32 x W22 x H18 (cm)... is it too big?
as far as the dynapack goes I don not use ot to put clothes in. I think you are correct in that its to small for that. I use it to hold keys tubes pump multitool and iphone 6 plus. I can then throw in any snacks i would want for longer ride. The larger bersion has the samw weight limit of 10 lbs as the smaller one so kerp that in mind. I have read review of the plastc clipbbreaking on it so i would not push that weight limit.
For me i ride for fitness so extra weight and size on the bike do not bother me if it makes my bike more functional.
Old 04-02-16, 09:07 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by GodinSession
Hello All. I am excited to post pics of my new 2015 Giant Anyroad 2. I LOVE this bike. So comfortable, and just the perfect bike for what I was looking for. I wanted drop bars, but did not want a true road bike. I have had them in the past, and wanted something more versatile as it is my only bike. I wanted to be able to put wider tires on it and have a more upgright posture on the bike. When I went to my LBS they took me straight to the 'gravel grinders', and I quickly realized it was the exact type of bike I was looking for. I knew the second I got on the Giant Anyroad it was what I have been looking for. I have had quite a few different bikes over the years, from race road bikes to endurance road bike, cyclocross, and mountain bikes. Even a dual sport type bike. This by far is my favorite of all of them. It is defenatley not as fast as a true road bike, but plenty fast enough and so super comfortable.
I put Maxxis Refuse 700x40c tires on.
MKS Lambda Pedals
Brooks B17 Preaged Saddle
Topeak Dynapack
Bontrager Flash R Rearlight
Cygo Metrolight handlebar light

Next year I may look into the new Apex 1x gearing. I love the thought of no front gears, but the range it still offers. Perfect for my type of riding.
Nice bike. Looks like a great all rounder that can handle everything from a ride to the coffee shop to a multi day tour. (with the ride accessories)

A SRAM 1 x setup would be cool, but I wonder if it would be a bit pricey for not a huge upgrade in function.
Old 04-02-16, 01:59 PM
GodinSession

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2
Nice bike. Looks like a great all rounder that can handle everything from a ride to the coffee shop to a multi day tour. (with the ride accessories)

A SRAM 1 x setup would be cool, but I wonder if it would be a bit pricey for not a huge upgrade in function.
yeah I think you are probably right about the 1x. I like the thought of it, but really is not much of an upgrade. Everytime I ride I really am suprised how smooth the sora components are working on this bike. 95% of the time I am in the middle front chainring so kinda ride like a 1x already.
Old 04-17-20, 06:37 AM
gildelrosan

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How is your Giant Anyroad 2 ? The positive stem setting is super confortable, did you keep it that way ?
Old 11-06-20, 03:18 PM
pbechard

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Have to agree - just got a nearly new 2016 Anyroad 2 and love it so far. Gotta get a few more posts before I can post a pic of it!