Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

PD7750 vs 7800

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

PD7750 vs 7800

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-04, 12:35 AM
legendontour
Older but wiser

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Cannondale Jekyll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PD7750 vs 7800

Can anyone tell me if there is a big diff (or what if any) between the shimano SPD-SL pedals models 7750 and 7800. I'm looking at upgrading my 17 year old looks and have 2004 Dura-ace groupset already. Seen some 7750's going cheap
Old 12-21-04, 02:29 AM
thecoloredguy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont know what the difference is but I have a pair of 7800's. They are the best pedals I have ever owned. Been riding them since they first came out and have about 7000 miles on them. In case your wondering Ive rode Look, Speedplay, Record(Campagnolo), Wellgo, and Shimano. I think thats it. They are the smoothest and best feeling pedal around-I think-.
Old 12-21-04, 02:38 AM
Jakub

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think that the difference is that on the older version you cannot rotate your foot from side to side - but I am not 100% sure. (does it 100% depends on cleats?)
Old 12-21-04, 10:58 PM
dtufts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by legendontour
I'm looking at upgrading my 17 year old looks and have 2004 Dura-ace groupset already.
Dude . . . Ok, after 17 years on the same pedal I think you deserve to jump all the way to the top of the line. Go with the 7800.

As for the differences. There are only two and they are both cosmetic. The PD-7750 came out before the 7800 group, so the 7750 has a finish that matches the 7700 D/A group. When the 7800 group hit the market Shimano changed the finish to match the 7800. That's the biggest difference. The only other difference is a very slight change in the shape of the replacable plastic pad that fits between where your shoe contacts the top of the pedal platform. It's not really noticable unless you know what to look for.
Old 12-22-04, 12:18 AM
legendontour
Older but wiser

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Cannondale Jekyll

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the help - I think I'll get them