Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

I am looking for a recumbent trike

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-15, 08:56 AM
BFDNOVA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi' I'm 6'8 310#and 57 yes new, I am on oxygen all the time and I want to get back to exercising. I am looking for a recumbent trike and was wondering which model would be best to start with. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Old 02-05-15, 10:39 AM
Yendor72

Bikes: 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2016 Framed Wolftrax

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
I'd call up Utah Trikes and see what they recommend. There are options for your height and weight, but some of those things are gonna need to be custom due to your height.

Utah Trikes Catalog - Trikes, Upgrades & Accessories
Old 02-05-15, 11:04 AM
TrikeRider1961

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would agree with Yendor72, Utah Trikes is a great resource and sell many brands. If you have a local shop, that sells recumbent trikes, then it will be best to test ride your choices, as seat height and position will greatly affect your comfort. I ride a Catrike Expedition, which was my best choice; but a friend of mine rides a Rover, because he needs a higher seat height due to flexibility issues. There are other factors that will affect your decision. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, to this forum, but I would also recommend the "bentrideronline" forum as they are specific to the recumbent community, and regularly discuss trikes.

Good Luck and Happy Riding
Old 02-05-15, 02:38 PM
meteor3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
terratrike rover for intro triking.

definitely locate a dealer and take a test ride. consider the experience a baseline if you want to try other trikes.

i would suggest the nexus-8 version, very easy to upgrade if you decide a trike makes for happy exercise.