Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Wheel questions

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Wheel questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-24, 12:06 AM
Bike jambalaya
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
You're going about it ass-backwards. But you know that. You've put yourself on the fast-track to being summarily ignored on any future questions.
Ignore list or being banned. Don't cry for me Argentina. I got more emails to register. If needed. 😉
Old 02-23-24, 07:37 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3513 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,776 Posts
Originally Posted by Bike jambalaya
What is post #54
Seriously?

Assuming you're being honest with your question (A BIG assumption), on the right upper corner, each post in this thread is numbered. To help you out, here is post no. 54, which people wonder why you didn't respond to, re-quoted:

Bike jambalaya : I might suggest a clean re-set with an organized summary. People are talking past each other and not addressing or not understanding what you need.

1 Year and model of bike - not really necessary but might help
2 a photo of the current tires with the size displayed
3 a photo of the front and rear brakes to show if there's any additional vertical (up or down) adjustment that can be made
4 an accurate measurement of the rear dropout (not wheel axle) - inside to inside as illustrated above.
5 your weight
6 your expected riding pattern.
7 a photo of the current shifters and front and rear derailleurs
8 a photo of the current rear sprocket cluster

I think with this info, people will be able to easily give you pointers to actual wheels and sources.

And to make it really fresh and get past all of what's been going on here, post this question and the above info in the Classic and Vintage forum. The folks there are nice and helpful.

Good luck, I hope this thread settles down into constructive information for you.
Likes For smd4:
Old 02-23-24, 07:38 AM
smd4

Ignore list or being banned. Don't cry for me Argentina. I got more emails to register. If needed. 😉
IP addresses mean more than emails when registering a sock-puppet. 😉
Likes For smd4:
Old 02-23-24, 05:16 PM
Bike jambalaya
Banned.

IP addresses mean more than emails when registering a sock-puppet. 😉
​​​​​​
fact that your in my thread proves your hypothesis incorrect
Old 02-23-24, 05:18 PM
smd4

*you’re*
Likes For smd4:
Old 02-23-24, 05:24 PM
Bike jambalaya
Banned.

Seriously?

Assuming you're being honest with your question (A BIG assumption), on the right upper corner, each post in this thread is numbered. To help you out, here is post no. 54, which people wonder why you didn't respond to, re-quoted:
Sorry I thought meant post 54 because you used the word post. I totally overlooked the questions you shared my bad.

That list you shared should be more available to senior members. So they can just kick off a newbies thread with that. Not just express there disdain for my lack of information provided. When those finger calories could have been better spent just asking.
Old 02-23-24, 05:28 PM
Bike jambalaya
Banned.

*you’re*
Fact that your in my thread proves you're hypothesis incorrect.

Thank you 🙏 now with capital f and a period. At the end.

Camaraderie 👏
Old 02-23-24, 05:52 PM
Bike jambalaya
Banned.

Seriously?

And to be honest you don't need all every minutiae detail.
To me it's a lot like when I call AutoZone and ask to check their inventory with a part number that I have already.
They confirm it's in stock. Pull it and leave it in the front for me.
I go down there. Walk up to the counter and ask for the spark plugs I called about that someone left for me in the front.
He turns around grabs em puts them on the counter and I begin to pull out my wallet and cash.
He then begins to ask me the vehicles information so he can lookup the sparks plugs.
Old 02-23-24, 05:55 PM
smd4

To me it's a lot like when I call AutoZone and ask to check their inventory with a part number that I have already.
They confirm it's in stock. Pull it and leave it in the front for me.
So you provide important information and get exactly what you want?

Interesting.
Old 02-23-24, 06:15 PM
Bike jambalaya
Banned.

So you provide important information and get exactly what you want?

Interesting.
Mirror that statement into *you're own head next time.
​​​​​​Replacing sentences that only vent about information being missing. With sentences that ask what it is you need to know.
Still in the end if you don't actually have the first hand mirrored experience of doing specifically what I'm talking about in the op or anyone's op. All the information I or they can provide you combine with all you know. Can only ever end in speculation. If you haven't actually done it.
Old 02-23-24, 06:26 PM
smd4

Mirror that statement into *you're own head next time.
​​​​​​Replacing sentences that only vent about information being missing. With sentences that ask what it is you need to know.
Still in the end if you don't actually have the first hand mirrored experience of doing specifically what I'm talking about in the op or anyone's op. All the information I or they can provide you combine with all you know. Can only ever end in speculation. If you haven't actually done it.
What?

Last edited by smd4; 02-23-24 at 06:46 PM.
Likes For smd4:
Old 02-23-24, 07:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
I think old Bikey J has been hitting the a certain part of the roux before it has had a chance to get to that lovely deep chocolate color.

I call the AutoZone and tell them I have a car and I need a door and I yell at them till they say the 1989 Honda Civic door I picked out will work on the car and complain when they tell me to bring the car which I won't tell them about. Then I get there in my 2006 Chevy Lumina and they continue saying that door won't fit and I tell them you have to mirror the mirror in the mirror because it's all in there(sp) head and have them try and install it anyway. You can't let important details and key information get in the way of making no sense. If I wanted help I would call the Auto Zone and tell them what I want and ignore them when they tell me different just like anything else in life.

Life is like a box of chocolates if you don't look at the guide at the top and don't put any in your mouth you will never know what is in them and anyway it doesn't matter what is in them that is not important to anyone or anything ever for any reason.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 02-23-24, 07:55 PM
smd4

Originally Posted by veganbikes
I tell them you have to mirror the mirror in the mirror because it's all in there(sp) head and have them try and install it anyway.
It’s not pleasant to shoot adult beverage from your nose, but worth it. That’s some funny right there!
Likes For smd4:
Old 02-23-24, 09:38 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 333 Posts
Take a step back, have a slice of humble pie, figure out where you did wrong, either with ignorance or arrogance (too often, hand-in-hand these days), say you're sorry, hope to do better next time, in content, style, manners. And yes, that could apply some in both directions. However, you're the newbie and asking questions, and clearly have less knowledge, in some cases, not enough to know the correct questions to ask. But not good style to demand that others provide you with a list of the correct questions. Take some time to read on sheldonbrown.com, a great teaching resource, about dropout spacing, track wheels, freewheel and freehub spacing (O.L.D.), and any other subjects you touched on. Do the homework. If not able to understand because not technically inclined, understandable, many are not, but it does become more challenging when you cannot properly communicate the questions that you have. Please consider. I bid you peace and understanding, most especially if, you're not just far from the LBS, but far from everything, including social contact.
Likes For Duragrouch:
Old 02-23-24, 11:21 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata GRX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked 1,471 Times in 1,020 Posts
We have this thread, Bike jambalaya's other thread about bike tires, and his above anecdote about the busybody Autozone staff who had the gall to ask him about his vehicle to double check that the spark plugs which had been pulled for him would actually work. What we really need is another anecdote about how Bike jambalaya schooled the medical staff during a visit to the doctor's or hospital.
Old 02-24-24, 11:12 AM
Bike jambalaya
Banned.

What the heck are you guys talking about now. Everyone still venting? Keeping my thread alive I guess. I appreciate it.

Ever lasting thread of nullum 🤣

last 5 posts are just people I inspired to come and vent. Nothing of actual value.
Old 02-24-24, 11:21 AM
Bike jambalaya
Banned.

And it's kinda sad but I'm glad I did it bc it actually worked a lot better. That thread I started about tires if you go through it. There are almost zero chads in that thread. Providing valueless banter like they are prevalent in this thread.

asking what people want they want to know first big success.
Old 02-24-24, 03:14 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
So instead of doing something constructive, Bike jambalaya continues to just go hither and yon with his irrelevant comments and not simply (SIMPLY!) looking at post #54 and doing something that will help get the answer he's looking for.
Likes For Camilo:
Old 02-24-24, 05:00 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
Bike jambalaya : I might suggest a clean re-set with an organized summary. People are talking past each other and not addressing or not understanding what you need.

1 Year and model of bike - not really necessary but might help
2 a photo of the current tires with the size displayed
3 a photo of the front and rear brakes to show if there's any additional vertical (up or down) adjustment that can be made
4 an accurate measurement of the rear dropout (not wheel axle) - inside to inside as illustrated above.
5 your weight
6 your expected riding pattern.
7 a photo of the current shifters and front and rear derailleurs
8 a photo of the current rear sprocket cluster

I think with this info, people will be able to easily give you pointers to actual wheels and sources.
If Bike jambalaya can answer these questions from 39 posts ago that they completely ignored I will personally send them 100 dollars from the Montana Militia, It will be real soon enough. (It is a Simpsons reference if you aren't aware)
Old 02-25-24, 09:05 AM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11972 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Some of you guys just live to argue. Real life must be boring AF.

closed
Likes For BillyD: