Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The May Sale Bike at You-Know-Where

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-06, 01:52 PM
Ostuni
Guinea Hood

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not to start another round of sturming und dranging, but if you're in the market for a new road bike, check this out. Carbon seat stays. Ultegra. $1095 delivered.
Old 05-01-06, 01:54 PM
chroot
Newbie Extraordinaire

Bikes: Trek 1000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've heard of neither "sturming" nor "dranging," and I hope I never show up in the doctor's office doing either.

- Warren
Old 05-01-06, 02:24 PM
WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
WooHoo!!
Old 05-01-06, 02:26 PM
H1449-6
Former grouch, now happy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chroot
I've heard of neither "sturming" nor "dranging," and I hope I never show up in the doctor's office doing either.

- Warren
Sturm und Drang translates to "storm and urge." Sort of misplaced and garbled in the OP reference.
Old 05-01-06, 02:32 PM
Ostuni
Guinea Hood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H1449-6
Sturm und Drang translates to "storm and urge." Sort of misplaced and garbled in the OP reference.
'....sometimes also called "storm and stress" in English-speaking countries...'

(and in Monty Python bits...)
Old 05-01-06, 10:04 PM
shawnj73
ride on !!!!

Bikes: Felt F2, Cannondale CAAD 8, Motobecane Immortal Force, Intense Uzzi Sl MTB

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sweet Deal! But do not forget what ABH says! It is only a box of parts! Good Deal
Old 05-01-06, 10:05 PM
ViperZ
Baby it's cold outside...

Bikes: Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So when are you ordering this puppy Ostuni?
Old 05-01-06, 11:31 PM
iansir

Bikes: Giant TCR2

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Countdown to alanbikehouston....
Old 05-02-06, 12:00 AM
samsation7
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys,

is this really a better buy(relative to other BD's products)?....I bought the Windsor Kennet from BD on Ebay and got charged a total of 1090 USD included shipping. It seems to me that besides the wheelset(mine came with R550's) and the decals, my windsor kennet is exactly identical to this bike. Having upgraded the wheel set to R600 and carbon stem and a super light Weyless bar, mine comes around 17.8 pounds(including keo classic pedals and R100 micro wireless computer, and one specialized carbon cage).

Originally Posted by Ostuni
Not to start another round of sturming und dranging, but if you're in the market for a new road bike, check this out. Carbon seat stays. Ultegra. $1095 delivered.
Old 05-02-06, 12:09 AM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Hmm good crit bike. Good components, and if you crash frame can be replaced on a cheap.
Old 05-02-06, 07:24 AM
Ostuni
Guinea Hood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ViperZ
So when are you ordering this puppy Ostuni?
if i do, just take me out and shoot me...

that said, i have seriously thought about it!

[START=Trouble] It would ALMOST be worth getting just for the Ultegra goodies and the Ritchey wheels. I'd be set for spare parts for years!. [/End Trouble]
Old 05-02-06, 07:30 AM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Old 05-02-06, 07:37 AM
ElJamoquio
Burning Matches.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4077 Post(s)
Liked 1,002 Times in 676 Posts
I never liked that dog anyway. And I "need" another bike...
Old 05-02-06, 04:36 PM
Talewinds

Bikes: (2) 2004 Trek 1500, Team Colors:2004 Cannondale Ironman w/ Renn and Zipp: 2005 Kestrel Talon SL: 2001 GT Agressor: 2001 Schwinn Moab: 2001 Specialized S-Works M4 Festina Team Bike: 2002 Pinarello Prince: 1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'....sometimes also called "storm and stress" in English-speaking countries...'

(and in Monty Python bits...)

"Storm and Strife"
Old 05-02-06, 05:13 PM
Veloduo
RIDING CLEAN!

Bikes: 1998 Santana Arriva, 2005 Shameless Taiwanese Rip-off of a Storied French Marque, 1980 Colnago Super, 2005 Giant OCR2.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What I paid. Only difference is I got the Century Pro (triple). Otherwise identical. Best purchase decision I ever made.
Old 05-02-06, 10:57 PM
RoboCheme

Bikes: 2008 Cervelo RS, 2011 Scott CR1 Elite, 2014 Volagi Liscio

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
if i do, just take me out and shoot me...

that said, i have seriously thought about it!

[START=Trouble] It would ALMOST be worth getting just for the Ultegra goodies and the Ritchey wheels. I'd be set for spare parts for years!. [/End Trouble]
Ostuni,

Your link shows that the bike's on sale for $1095 while the Bikesdirect home page has it for $1495. How do you come across these limited time sales since I may not be able to pull the string by May 10th.

thanks,
Old 05-02-06, 11:36 PM
mrkott3r

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbattle
im keeping this pic. Its gold and will come in handy on other forums.

Whats the go people are these people starting these threads geniune shills or real people?

Im guessing they are shills because every third thread in this place is a bd.com thread. I know where you are bd if I want one I will come
Old 05-03-06, 12:58 AM
Starclimber
Blue Straggler

Bikes: Miele Pisasheeta, Airborne Thunderbolt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ostuni is as real as they come. Knows a bargain when he runs across one, and not shy to share. Also not shy to resell when he changes his mind, thus the support he gets from us re new bikes. Let's see, after he depreciates this rig for a month or two, I could probably afford it...

Ostuni! Take it from another cat lover, you NEED THIS BIKE!!!
Old 05-03-06, 01:19 AM
53-11_alltheway
"Great One"

Location: Might as well be underwater because I make less drag than a torpedoE (no aero bars here though)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thats a good parts kit. The fact it has a real shimano crank BB and not the usual FSA is a bonus
Old 05-03-06, 01:23 AM
cs1

Bikes: Specialized, Schwinn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
It looks a lot like a Leader 735 frame. There is no way you could build a Leader for that little with Ultegra though. Sounds like a great deal.

Tim
Old 05-03-06, 01:27 AM
53-11_alltheway
"Great One"

Location: Might as well be underwater because I make less drag than a torpedoE (no aero bars here though)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd sell frame/fork and maybe the wheels. didn't it say you get ritchey WCS stem, etc?
Old 05-03-06, 05:24 AM
ElJamoquio
Burning Matches.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4077 Post(s)
Liked 1,002 Times in 676 Posts
Originally Posted by Starclimber
Ostuni is as real as they come. Knows a bargain when he runs across one, and not shy to share. Also not shy to resell when he changes his mind, thus the support he gets from us re new bikes. Let's see, after he depreciates this rig for a month or two, I could probably afford it...

Ostuni! Take it from another cat lover, you NEED THIS BIKE!!!
I think Ostuni needs a Time Trial/Tri bike, in size 54. Can you be done with it by mid July?
Old 05-03-06, 06:38 AM
badkarma
Know Your Onion!

Bikes: Kestrel Talon, Motobecane Le Champion SL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is alanbikehouston on vacation? How could he not have posted on this thread yet?!?!?
Old 05-03-06, 06:40 AM
badkarma
Know Your Onion!

Bikes: Kestrel Talon, Motobecane Le Champion SL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess I'll fill in for Alan to help put an end to you Moto shillers

There are millions of Americans who bought the REAL Motobecane's....the bikes made in France. THAT Motobecane was an actual bike company that employed engineers, designers, and skilled builders. That once great name is now owned in the USA by the semi-shady hustlers at BikesDirect.

Here at the Forums there are only about twenty regular members who own the "new" Motobecane's...the bikes imported from Asia by BikesDirect. By "members" I mean those folks who post in threads unrelated to Motobecane and BikesDirect. The people who post ONLY about Motobecane and ONLY about BikesDirect products are obvious not true members, they are simply shills for BikesDirect.

However, those twenty "real" members keep two or three Motobecane threads going on the front page of "Road Cycling" at all times...a lot of work, but they get help. Each month, a BikesDirect employee joins the Forum to post "I just found a bike with a list price of $3,000, on sale at BikesDirect for just $899 including free shipping. It is the bestest bike I ever saw...maybe the bestest bike in the whole world". And, the shill will provide a convenient link to BikesDirect, or to one of BikesDirect E-Bay auctions.

"Bike Forums", two years ago, was a place "newbies" could come for factual, reliable information about bikes. Thanks to the hard work of BikesDirect, and about twenty helpful friends, it is rapidly becoming the "BikesDirect Bike Forums"....factual, and reliable information? No. But we CAN tell you where to go if you want a bike shipped "free", directly to your front door.

Members of Bike Forums ride bikes made by over a hundred different bike companies, purchased from thousands of different retailers. The 20 or so actual owners of "new" Motobecanes represent less than 1% of the total members of Bike Forums. Yet, that tiny group continues to generate almost 100% of the threads at Bike Forums that "steer" members to just one particular bike retailer. Again, Mr. Bikes Direct...why not just start your own Bike Forum (as Schwinn, and others have done), and leave THIS Bike Forum alone?
Old 05-03-06, 06:49 AM
Ostuni
Guinea Hood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
...Take it from another cat lover...
i don't like any of my cats right now.... all three are misbehaving in different, maddening ways... example: every morning between 4:30 am - 5:00 am, as i lay innocently sleeping, lyon gets up on top of my bed's headboard and jumps onto my stomach...

...you NEED THIS BIKE!!
Originally Posted by ElJamoquio
I think Ostuni needs a Time Trial/Tri bike, in size 54. Can you be done with it by mid July?
now you're just being cruel... that's like telling otis campbell (of mayberry) 'go on, have a drink! just one more won't do no harm!'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.