Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Awesomely awesome Schwinn "Heavy Duty Frame Lock."

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-12, 10:28 AM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts

Just found it yesterday at the local flea market, I think its pretty cool and an awesome accessory for any 70s Schwinn road bike.

You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 12-24-12, 10:44 AM
busdriver1959

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Nice find. At risk of sounding like a weight weeny, how much does that sucker weigh? More or less than the Varsity that it might be strapped to?
Old 12-24-12, 02:42 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Originally Posted by busdriver1959
Nice find. At risk of sounding like a weight weeny, how much does that sucker weigh? More or less than the Varsity that it might be strapped to?
No Varsitiy here.....well not yet anyways. I'm actually looking for one to convert into a SS/grocery getter/flea market type bike which it will be perfect for. Itll also go well with my one of my Super Sports, my Sport Tourer, or even my Phantom! (Which I'm in the process of Ratting out) Can you tell Im no weight weenie?
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 12-24-12, 02:54 PM
DsmBerg

Bikes: 72 Motobecane GR, 88 Schwinn Circuit, 72 Schwinn SS, Cannondale Synapse 5, Raleigh Tamland 1

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pure awesome.
Old 12-24-12, 07:06 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

I don't know about pure awesome but it is pretty cool.
Old 12-25-12, 08:55 AM
Gravity Aided

Bikes: Trek 600 ,1980Raleigh Competition G.S., 1986 Schwinn Passage, Facet Biotour 2000, Falcon San Remo 531,Schwinn Sierra, Sun Seeker tricycle recumbent,1985 Bianchi Squadra

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Great accessory - Back when, any 10 speed was a target for thievery . Especially Schwinns , people in the general public thought they were the best bike available .
Old 12-25-12, 09:31 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Originally Posted by Gravity Aided
Great accessory - Back when, any 10 speed was a target for thievery . Especially Schwinns ,people in the general public thought they were the best bike available .
Also a great accessory for any Schwinn road bike collector today. The people back then KNEW they were they were the best bike available, theres no doubting that, the fact that most of them are still around and in good shape is "the proof in the puddin."

Last edited by ilikebikes; 12-25-12 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-26-12, 08:07 AM
Gravity Aided

Bikes: Trek 600 ,1980Raleigh Competition G.S., 1986 Schwinn Passage, Facet Biotour 2000, Falcon San Remo 531,Schwinn Sierra, Sun Seeker tricycle recumbent,1985 Bianchi Squadra

Schwinns are great.
Captain Kangaroo told me so .
Pretty much stuck with them since .
Old 12-26-12, 08:27 AM
puchfinnland
MIKE is my name!

Bikes: hans lutz, , puch mistral ultima,2x Austro Daimler Smoked chrome Ultima,Austro Daimler Mixte,Austro Daimler 531 mixte, flying arrow,F Moser,

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 4 Posts
That's not Schwinn! That a lock imported from Europe,
i got the same lock on Nelli,s ,

these type locks are readily available in Europe, in Finland most new bikes come with them but they are integrated into the frame,
Old 12-26-12, 03:31 PM
Gravity Aided

Originally Posted by puchfinnland
That's not Schwinn! That a lock imported from Europe,
i got the same lock on Nelli,s ,

these type locks are readily available in Europe, in Finland most new bikes come with them but they are integrated into the frame,
But it's Schwinn approved , from your local Schwinn Cyclery