Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

What bike is best for..?

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

What bike is best for..?

Old 09-20-18, 04:01 PM
Freestylexgp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What bike is best for..?

Growing up as a kid in the 90's everyone in my neighborhood rode bikes, mostly BMX bikes were seen as cool. Shiny chrome frames like Mongoose was really popular, diamondback, haro, schwinn, redline as well. Doing jumps and tricks and riding fast on them were valued and pegs so you could have people ride with you. We'd jump over parking lot intersections, make jumps in our forest area at our school, ride everywhere in our neighborhood and to the store. I remember this one bike my friend got that had plastic rims and giant shocks on what I think was the front and back. When that kid got that bike everyone wanted it, idk if it was the person or the bike but he could jump super high up using it. Anyways, I feel like I'd want a bike that'd be the ultimate at doing what I liked doing as a kid but I obviously don't know much about what's actually good or not regarding them.
Old 09-20-18, 06:47 PM
2Young2getold
Andy

Bikes: Stolen Saint XLT 24”

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a similar vision, riding Haro's, Dyno and GT when I was a kid was some of the highlights of my youth. I recently had a desire for getting back on a bike and not a mountain bike with 100 gears and the lycra pants and the clip in shoes...thats not me. I did know I wanted something I could ride and have people say "aren't you a little old for that?" then gracefully flip them a sign of good gesture and ride off. It sounds like you may be close to my age (around 30-ish) and looking to get back on 2 wheels. I decided that a 20" BMX bike was not going to work for me, age has gotten the best of me and I put on a few pounds to go along with the dad-bod I'm trying to elegantly achieve. I looked at SE Bikes to start as those were one of the bike's that had a lot of hype back when I was riding and now being an adult I actually had the funds to get me some wheels like that. They had 24,26 and 29 inch variations with reputable parts. I starting reading and doing more research about what I was going to get into with my bike, a few jumps maybe some wheelies and maybe even a few pegs once I get my strength back up. I went with a 24" BMX, 2019 Stolen Saint XLT. I love the bike, it can cruise or bust a move if you feel like it and you don't look like a circus bear riding it (or do I?). It came stock with some good parts that I'm sure you'll recall from younger days like double-walled rims, sealed everything and the entire bike is Chromoly frame which is stronger than a lot of these aluminum frames and Hi-tin steel. But to each his own, whatever you can afford and what will make you happy at the end of the ride is all thats gonna matter anyway!! Good luck on your journey!!!
Old 09-23-18, 04:27 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
Sounds like you want a bike to go jumping?
Old 09-25-18, 03:09 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
Jumping there are super Strong wheel axle hubs

rear a 9t cassette type, and so chainring is small too..

Yes Oddly enough Stolen is a Brand name, so if it gets taken,
the polce report can sound like the 'Whose on First?' Skit..

your bike was stolen , what kind is it?

Stolen..

you said that, But what kind of bike is it?

Stolen..

OK, but what kind of bike is it?

(and so on ad infinitum )
Old 01-14-19, 07:44 AM
bmxfamily

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
racing bike for dirt
Old 01-14-19, 08:28 AM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 926 Times in 593 Posts
Look up Blake Samson from the GMBN channel on Youtube. Or maybe even Sam Pilgrim. They're into the freestyle type of riding and you might want to check out their rigs.