Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Need Major help on my road bike

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Need Major help on my road bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-19, 12:24 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I did a quick Google search and could not find the word imperceptible or impeccable in the RDT topic. It was the same person.

Either way, you're good. Ride your bike, enjoy it.

I bought a 2015/2016 Propel when I couldn't even make it up any reasonable hill. I probably looked like a sausage squeezed into my kit. Nobody I knew said anything but "sweet bike".

Have fun, make progress.
Old 09-30-19, 11:35 AM
Artmo 

Bikes: '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road; '17 Circe Helios e-tandem:1994 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
keep the bike, get new people
Hear, hear!
Old 09-30-19, 12:33 PM
Jbarcs

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2007 Specialized S-Works Tricross, 2010 Specialized Tricross Triple, 2016 Specialized AWOL EVO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
keep the bike, get new people
I second this. The Roubaix is a great choice and the 2019 is hella bike.
Old 09-30-19, 12:47 PM
Jbarcs

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2007 Specialized S-Works Tricross, 2010 Specialized Tricross Triple, 2016 Specialized AWOL EVO

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick53
It's always been My experience that someone who trashes another purchase he usually can't afford what you bought . So he demeans it > Plus you have to keep in mind Everyone is a Doctor, a Lawyer and a Bike Expert, Gun Expert, Master Guitar {Player} . AND ALL THE WOMEN LOVE HIM He's a Legend in his own mind : The heart is wicked and deceitful . Many love to POP someones Bubble : You're New So perfect Target

Get what satisfies You within Your Means : Nobody can keep up with the Jones : So don't worry about them. They've maxed out their credit anyway
And this reminded me of...
Chet Atkins walks out of a recording studio. A man says "Boy, Chet, that guitar sure sounded good." Atkins puts the guitar down, leans it against the wall and asks, "How does it sound now?"

Any of the bikes you have talked about will do everything you want them to as long as you saddle up. Otherwise the Tarmac will smoke a Roubaix if all they do is lean against the wall.
Old 09-30-19, 05:30 PM
bikejrff

Bikes: No. 22 Bicycle Great Divide, Lynskey R260, Salsa Colossal Ti, Litespeed T5, Lynskey Peloton, Bianchi Vigorelli, CAAD 10, Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, C-Dale Quick 1

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts
I have a buddy I used to smoke and I was riding my $1200 Bianchi Vigorelli SRAM Apex (steel). He bought a Tarmac. I still smoked him. He got carbon wheels. I still smoked him. And he's younger than me. He bought a smart trainer and now Zwifts in the offseason. Now he smokes me. I'm retired and I don't have time to "train." lol
Likes For bikejrff:
Old 10-10-19, 02:35 PM
aliasfox

Bikes: Lynskey R270 Disc, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 131 Posts
Originally Posted by bikejrff
I have a buddy I used to smoke and I was riding my $1200 Bianchi Vigorelli SRAM Apex (steel). He bought a Tarmac. I still smoked him. He got carbon wheels. I still smoked him. And he's younger than me. He bought a smart trainer and now Zwifts in the offseason. Now he smokes me. I'm retired and I don't have time to "train." lol
I have a 2004 Bianchi Vigorelli, bought new when they were still Ultegra (and a triple)! She's always telling me to go faster.

I just bought a Lynskey R270 disc earlier this season. It took me until September to start (barely) beating most of my PRs from last year.

It really isn't about the bike. Just have something that you're comfortable on and like riding. Then go out and ride. And if all your chasing is street cred, your Tarmac will get beaten by an S-Works Venge. And that S-Works Venge will get beaten by a Pinarello Dogma. And you know what? Heading up that next climb, some guy on a thirty year old Schwinn Paramount will tear all of you to shreds. At which point, it's better to be comfortable in your own choices rather than look slow on what other people think looks cool.
Old 10-10-19, 08:50 PM
cecu

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I'm almost sure the OP was trolling...