Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cinelli The Machine

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Cinelli The Machine

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 10:59 AM
greensprout

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cinelli The Machine

I have the opportunity to buy a brand new Cinelli The Machine frame for a great price. I'm really not that familiar, and can't find any reviews or much info. I ride a lot and will be commuting on it. Any one here want to add their 2 cents about Cinelli or specifically The Machine frame? Thanks
Old 01-20-10, 11:04 AM
5chevin5

Bikes: none.... researching now, buying soon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was just posting on my "Cinelli" question! From what I gather through my research the Cinelli The Machine Frame is top notch, many factors to consider (frame size, your size etc) but all in all Cinelli seems to be mentioned in the same circles as other great Italian frame builders. This forum is a great place for information...I have learned tons of answers to questions I didnt even know to ask!

Cheers
Old 01-20-10, 11:47 AM
kindablue
Fly on the wall

Bikes: a few

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Unless you carry very little in a backpack and can park your bike in your office, I wouldn't really commute on that.

And "in before rich" its a good frame.
Old 01-20-10, 03:03 PM
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont know a whole lot about "The Machine" which used to be called "The Man Machine" btw. They may still call it that in Europe and elsewhere.
I like the Estrada and Estrada Pro models but I cannot tell you the difference between them and "The Machine"

There are not many Cinellis out on the road that I have seen. You will get allot of looks when you are riding one thats for sure.
I have a Cinelli Xperience I would not hesitate to buy one again or one of their other models.
Old 01-20-10, 09:18 PM
geist
suffering...

Bikes: 2009 Cannondale CAPO, 2004 Look 468SL, CAAD 8, IRO MV, IRO bfssfg, 80's Panasonic x2

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by RichinPeoria
I dont know a whole lot about "The Machine" which used to be called "The Man Machine" btw. They may still call it that in Europe and elsewhere.
I like the Estrada and Estrada Pro models but I cannot tell you the difference between them and "The Machine"

There are not many Cinellis out on the road that I have seen. You will get allot of looks when you are riding one thats for sure.
I have a Cinelli Xperience I would not hesitate to buy one again or one of their other models.
--