Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

New to me 2013 Ritte Carbon Cyclocross

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-23, 06:37 AM
bykemike 

Bikes: 2017 BMC Roadmachine 01 Enve wheels, Sram red etap,Cinelli Vigorelli single speed, 2009 Cannondale Capo, 2016 trek Domane 6.9, disc and Di2, 2016 Scott Scale 710, 27.5 plus tires and boost rims

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 81 Posts

New to me later today that is. Following my usual method of buying things that attract me without totally checking them out I went ahead on the purchase of a used Ritte Cyclocross bike.

I like the looks the size and the weight (is there any other criteria?) I'm a decade from being interested in cylocross but I love to do recreational gravel and don't want to flog my BMC Roadmachine into doing what it isn't really set up for.

Not as much info as I expected about Ritte bikes, a lot of detractors concerning the business model, a number of owners that love them. I won't have it until later today but I will get a picture up as soon as I do.

I am toying with the intention of making this a single speed using a White eccentric rear hub but that all remains to be seen.

Any owners out there?
Old 12-28-23, 04:26 PM
bykemike 

Bikes: 2017 BMC Roadmachine 01 Enve wheels, Sram red etap,Cinelli Vigorelli single speed, 2009 Cannondale Capo, 2016 trek Domane 6.9, disc and Di2, 2016 Scott Scale 710, 27.5 plus tires and boost rims

Got out for a 20 miler on the Ritte, good ride, I need to set the bars,seat height and I need another seat, this one just isn't working for me.

Just before going out i put on a set of new tires, 40's, spins just fine with clearance all around.

Old 12-28-23, 08:26 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,493 Times in 4,189 Posts
Nice looking bike. Really like the trp 8.4 brakes in blue to compliment the paint.
That rear dersilleur cable routing though...oof. What's with the serpentine routing around, under, and over the rear monostay? Just have the rear brake in the far left slot, the rear derailleur in the middle slot and route it to the right of the seatpost, and the front derailleur cable on in the right side slot where it currently is.
Old 12-28-23, 09:06 PM
bykemike 

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Nice looking bike. Really like the trp 8.4 brakes in blue to compliment the paint.
That rear dersilleur cable routing though...oof. What's with the serpentine routing around, under, and over the rear monostay? Just have the rear brake in the far left slot, the rear derailleur in the middle slot and route it to the right of the seatpost, and the front derailleur cable on in the right side slot where it currently is.
Good eye and this is all part of sorting out some of the things you find when you get a used bike. The V brakes were out of adjustment plus, (you will love this) the brake cable ends had been left long and were tied back onto the brake arms with bread loaf twist ties.

This is a good week for me to do things to this bike, no work for tomorrow, good weather, cool and dry, I am just going to hang at the shop with this bike in the stand and put on a new seat, new bars, shorter stem, new bar wrap and get that cable mess sorted out.

The wheels seem nicer than I had thought, Performance wheel works, when I put the new tires on I see the wheels are all set up to go tubeless., I put tubes in for now but I have been getting mixed reviews on going tubeless , any thoughts on that?

Last edited by bykemike; 12-28-23 at 09:10 PM.