Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Best handlebar bag for bike packing

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-20, 10:33 AM
tmcd

Bikes: 1984 Fuji touring series IV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've just about completed outfitting my new Cutthroat with bike packing bags. Very pleased with my choices but haven't decided on a handlebar harness. Enticed by the Revelate Pronghorn but wondering if the standard Revelate harness would be a more durable choice. Any advice?
Old 03-17-20, 04:25 PM
knopare

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the harness and think that it is perfect. I use it for my tent and sleeping bag and sleeping mat. On top of that sits Revelate Periphery pocket, now discontinued it seems but it’s similar to the egress pocket. It’s well made and very functional, suits my needs perfect. I use it on a wide (820mm) flat handlebar, though. But the quality is really good and I’ve used it on longer bikepacking trips with no problems.
Old 03-17-20, 05:05 PM
tmcd

Bikes: 1984 Fuji touring series IV

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knopare
I have the harness and think that it is perfect. I use it for my tent and sleeping bag and sleeping mat. On top of that sits Revelate Periphery pocket, now discontinued it seems but it’s similar to the egress pocket. It’s well made and very functional, suits my needs perfect. I use it on a wide (820mm) flat handlebar, though. But the quality is really good and I’ve used it on longer bikepacking trips with no problems.
Thanks! I'm not a racer so it probably makes sense to stick with the standard Revelate Harness.
Old 03-17-20, 09:42 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 972 Times in 795 Posts
check out the good site, bikepacking.com, they probably have done some comparisons of harneses etc.
fun site to visit anyway, lots of neat stuff on it