Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

BMC Alpenchallenge 01 Four

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-20, 07:27 PM
InvertedMP 

Bikes: 2021 Scott Addict RC 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 104 Posts

Considering my next bike. Currently have a C'dale Quick 5 which I like, but thinking about making that the winter bike and buying a nicer bike. Looking around the 1,500 range and I am digging this bike but would love feedback or other suggestions.
Old 03-25-20, 03:40 PM
Beavis5220

Bikes: 2020 BMC Alpenchallenge 2017 BMC Alpenchallenge

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
I have a BMC 02 ONE with the belt drive and love it.....fast nimble and doesn't look like every otherr bike out there
Old 07-06-20, 10:39 AM
myemptymind

Bikes: BMC Alpenchallenge

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
I just sold my 2016 Alpenchallenge Sora and have a 2021 01 One Carbon Drive on the way, Initially it was between the Alpenchallenge or the C-Dale Bad Boy. I’m quite happy with BMC and decided to stick with them. The Alpenchallenge is unlike any other out there, so is the Bad Boy too but the BMC has a much cleaner uncluttered look to it. It’s also FAST! 2021 colors are nice too! They are not out till mid September but my LBS was taking pre orders and showed me the colors and specs (colors & specs not out as of this post)
Old 07-06-20, 11:16 AM
Beavis5220

Originally Posted by myemptymind
I just sold my 2016 Alpenchallenge Sora and have a 2021 01 One Carbon Drive on the way, Initially it was between the Alpenchallenge or the C-Dale Bad Boy. I’m quite happy with BMC and decided to stick with them. The Alpenchallenge is unlike any other out there, so is the Bad Boy too but the BMC has a much cleaner uncluttered look to it. It’s also FAST! 2021 colors are nice too! They are not out till mid September but my LBS was taking pre orders and showed me the colors and specs (colors & specs not out as of this post)
Great bikes but are extremely hard to come by right now so when I saw this 2020 AC2 01 a few weeks ago I bought it for the wife....she LOVES it. What color did you preorder???

Last edited by Beavis5220; 07-06-20 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-06-20, 12:15 PM
myemptymind

Nice find!! They are indeed quite rare, which is one of the reasons I like them so much. I pre ordered the 01 One in anthracite (only color in that model), it has an 8 sp carbon drive. They got rid of the 11sp drive, I would imagine due the number of bad reviews on the 11 sp. Most of the reviews Ive read are not too good.
Old 07-06-20, 01:33 PM
Beavis5220

Originally Posted by myemptymind
Nice find!! They are indeed quite rare, which is one of the reasons I like them so much. I pre ordered the 01 One in anthracite (only color in that model), it has an 8 sp carbon drive. They got rid of the 11sp drive, I would imagine due the number of bad reviews on the 11 sp. Most of the reviews Ive read are not too good.
I have the Alfine 8 speed drive on my BMC and she has the Nexus 8 speed on that one....both with the Gates Carbon drive....they are amazing
Old 07-06-20, 02:18 PM
myemptymind

Yeah I’m excited to receive it!! Wish I hadn’t sold mine so early as its so nice out where I am in CA but September is not too far away.