Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Nishiki Landau tri a -price? Performance?

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-20, 10:46 AM
EricLindsay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello. I'd like to get more into cycling and am looking for a cheap(and stylish) road bike. I do not know very much about bike and was wondering what you guys might think about these two kijiji ads:

Miyata 110 for 160$
Nishiki Landau tri a for 200$

Are these good prices and of the two which would be better suited for somebodies first roadbike.
Also questions I should ask sellers?

Thanks!
Eric
Old 03-29-20, 01:19 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Which bicycle is the better buy is impossible to answer without pictures, as the biggest factor in value is condition. However, assuming equivalent condition and proper size, the Landau Tri-A would be the better bicycle, as it newer and has higher grade components. Fair value is also hard to assess. Sales have plummeted in the last few weeks and it's turned into a buyer's market. Even in normal circumstances, prices vary substantially, depending on the market. The GTA is a lot more expensive than Dog River.
Old 03-29-20, 01:29 PM
EricLindsay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Welcome to the forums. Which bicycle is the better buy is impossible to answer without pictures, as the biggest factor in value is condition. However, assuming equivalent condition and proper size, the Landau Tri-A would be the better bicycle, as it newer and has higher grade components. Fair value is also hard to assess. Sales have plummeted in the last few weeks and it's turned into a buyer's market. Even in normal circumstances, prices vary substantially, depending on the market. The GTA is a lot more expensive than Dog River.
Thank you! I tried to add pictures but it said I need to make at least 10 posts before I can add pictures...
Old 03-29-20, 02:21 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Your pictures are here: https://www.bikeforums.net/g/album/17278542

The Nishiki is definitely the better bicycle and value, though before you proceed, you need to determine what size you need. The Miyata is is for a very tall person, while the Nishiki appears to be for somebody about 2" to 4 " shorter. There are lots of bicycle sizing guidelines available on the internet.