Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

MS150 Ride - Willamette Valley

Search
Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-17, 11:56 AM
lazyeye

Bikes: Giant, Anyroad 2, DB Podium 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All.
Bike MS: Willamette Valley 2017 - National MS Society
My company is putting together a team for this. Out of curiosity who else is going? What should I expect?
Old 05-20-17, 12:25 AM
mcmoose

Bikes: Trek Silque S, Bianchi Aria e-Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
It's a wonderful weekend! Amy does a terrific job of organizing the ride, and WOU is a great place to stage it. I've done it the past two years now. One thing that's very nice is the wide variety of ride lengths... last year they added an even shorter ride (about 12 miles, just out to Dallas and back), so pretty much everyone can participate in a ride.

It's also one of the most inspiring charity rides. There are a number of "I ride with MS" participants; you've be touched and impressed by their stories. There are also riders who ride for spouses or parents with MS. And there are families and friends of MS patients who man the rest stops.

As you'll see, you can opt to camp out at the stadium or stay in student dorms or apartments. They make the fitness center available (showers for those camping, swimming for everyone).

Other than the heatwave we had during the 2015 ride (on Saturday, Sunday wasn't bad), I can't think of a bad thing to say.