Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow!

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-20, 03:32 PM
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts

It's been quite awhile since I've seen 200#, but I still visit here!

A good average for me is probably about 187 now, and I have been going steadily down from about 215#. I can see it, and feel it! Even my wife comments.

A good average daily ride for me is between 20-30 miles, usually closer to 20. At 74 years old, it is a little tougher than it used to be - but a lot of things aren't what they used to be.

Bicycling is still fun, and I will continue as long as I can - hopefully, the weight won't creep back on.

Even if you don't let me post here, I will still skulk around, probably daily, to see what others are saying about me - lol.
Likes For Wanderer:
Old 06-18-20, 07:52 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanderer
It's been quite awhile since I've seen 200#, but I still visit here!

A good average for me is probably about 187 now, and I have been going steadily down from about 215#. I can see it, and feel it! Even my wife comments.

A good average daily ride for me is between 20-30 miles, usually closer to 20. At 74 years old, it is a little tougher than it used to be - but a lot of things aren't what they used to be.

Bicycling is still fun, and I will continue as long as I can - hopefully, the weight won't creep back on.

Even if you don't let me post here, I will still skulk around, probably daily, to see what others are saying about me - lol.
I agree with you that cycling is still fun. I got caught in a little rain today and that was fun. I was riding in 93 temps, that was fun. I ride everyday for fun, its not a chore.
Likes For cyclist2000:
Old 06-21-20, 07:21 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
Wandering around

Keep wandering. I'm at 238 this morning and heading down. Got down to 232 and put 6 lbs back on enjoying my food a bit too much. I'm now eating more and more vegetarian trying to feed the hunger and not the fat. I'm trying for a weight around 200lbs or less. Keep up the good work on your bicycling and your weight loss. My daily rides are between 10 and 15 miles. I try to do a 20 miler at least once a week. I ride 7 days a week. Some rides are more training and others are more pleasure, slower. Good luck.