Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Giant Anyroad!

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Giant Anyroad!

Old 08-16-15, 11:30 AM
Supermau

Bikes: 2015 Giant Anyroad 1, 26 HT MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A little late to the party, but here's my Anyroad 1. Love the bike. It's a great all-around ride. I really wanted the Comax but didn't want to wait two months for it. No regrets, though.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (100.8 KB, 376 views)
image.jpg (102.8 KB, 367 views)
Old 08-16-15, 12:01 PM
bones9210

Bikes: 2013 DiamondBack Edgewood LX, 1984 Peugeot PH105, 2015 Giant Escape 2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm fairly certain this is sarcasm.
Old 02-11-16, 11:25 AM
Soupamoto

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm a dirt bike guy and love flat bars. I started riding MTB 2 years ago after knee surgery. This winter I bought a drop bar carbon fiber road bike; the position scared the crap out of me. I then discovered the Anyroad and Fastroad. I couldn't decide which was right for me, so I bought one of each used.

Attached Images
image.jpg (100.8 KB, 361 views)
File Type: jpeg
image.jpeg (87.7 KB, 357 views)

Last edited by Soupamoto; 02-11-16 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-11-16, 08:24 PM
FrozenBiker 

Bikes: FX Sport 4 Carbon, Nishiki Hybrid (1x9 mod), Raleigh Sport Comfort

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Soupamoto
I'm a dirt bike guy and love flat bars. I started riding MTB 2 years ago after knee surgery. This winter I bought a drop bar carbon fiber road bike; the position scared the crap out of me. I then discovered the Anyroad and Fastroad. I couldn't decide which was right for me, so I bought one of each used.
Congrats on the bikes.. Wow! I've looked at those two online, comparing the components and all,
but the thing that I can't get past is why the Anyroad has drop bars, and Fastroad has flat...
To me, that should be swapped..
Old 02-12-16, 07:01 AM
Soupamoto

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks! I looked so hard find one, I couldn't pass up the other when I found the second bike! And I really want to experience both bar types and see for myself the benefits of each. And get to do that more than just in the parking lot of my LBS. so I bought both. I can always sell one if I fall in love with the other.

I've thought the same thing; "off road" bike with drop bars and "on road" bike with flats..? Huh? Didn't make sense to me at first. I even wanted to swap bars on the bikes. But, with hydro brakes on the FR and cable on the AR, and the controls 100% different, it's not possible, and I'm a very creative guy. The brakes route differently through the frame. Infact, there is nothing similar to these frames, except design concept.

However, I do think I now get where Giant was coming from on these two handlebar / bike designs. They are to encourage riders from each world (flat bar dirt world and drop bar road world) to venture out into those other worlds, on bikes with bars they are familiar with.

To me, these bikes are mostly for people that simply love the bars they are used to, but want to try different riding. Road bike with flats and off road capable bike with drops.
Old 02-12-16, 07:44 AM
Bill1227

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
I rode the carbon frame model a couple times.

Likes - its comfortable and imo seems a fit, for some, for urban commute,riding ,etc. Because it is upright not to expensive and mutes urban road chatter fairly well. It's also pretty quick off the line. Very good value.

Dis-likes - personally amongst the ugliest bikes I have seen. The frame lines combined with child like graphics are not appealing to me. From a practicality point of view it has good potential as a drop bar dirt road tourer/adventure bike. But then for some strange reason Giant greatly limited the frame clearance for wider tires. In fact the clearance is little if any more than a CX race bike let alone a Monster Cross / Dirt Road drop bar.

For me ........... the Anyroad is not my cup of tea and imo it was really dumb of the design team to limit tire clearance on this type of bike. I would / am more interested in seeing the new Tough Road/ tour'er/commuter.
Old 02-12-16, 08:53 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 989 Times in 484 Posts
Modern cycling is awesome. Manufacturers are offering bikes for all types of riding, and the segmentation (some of it artificial) is going to get worse but the gist of it is that we no longer have to build our own bikes for different purposes. Indeed, the industry is doing everything to prevent consumers from frame up builds, and the large companies are pushing proprietary parts. Ironically, its a good time to frankenbike

So, one is a road bike. If you put drops on it, it loses it purpose for existing: being a flat bar road bike.

The other one is a non-race cyclocross. Cyclocross is a competetive sport and these bikes cater to the non race crowd, much like non-race road bikes. Many object to the silly term "gravel grinding," as if nobody rode on gravel before, and "grinding" just sounds like they're trying too hard to sound edgy. It seems like "non-race" is a big deal now looking at the jacked up front ends on all these bikes. This is kinda a new genre for large brands, a niche that smaller brands like Surly exploited

In the end, the cycling industry exists to sell you new stuff. Bikes last a long time and once you have a nice one, you're done for a good while unless n+1. True game changers are few and far between in cycling. Cynical people will say that these "crossover" bikes are to entice MTBers to the road and vice versa, practical people will appreciate the increased options.

Edit: I mean no offense by "cynical," if anything I'm pretty cynical about the bike industry myself.

Last edited by DorkDisk; 02-12-16 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-07-16, 10:32 PM
FooManChu57

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ya'll got me flat bar drop topped. Fastroad or Anyroad, Fastroad or Anyroad, Fastroad or Anyroad********** So close yet so far.
Old 04-09-16, 08:51 PM
tam_tre

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[h=2]2015 Giant Fastroad CoMax 2 road bike - $1099[/h]
What do you think ? My LBS offer this fastroad Brand new for $1100, or 2016 Anyroad comax = $1900 ???
Attached Images
00D0D_6pCjy2FZJvG_600x450.jpg (36.8 KB, 329 views)
Old 01-27-20, 05:47 AM
gildelrosan

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go for the Giant Anyroad 1 (allux frame carbon fork)
Old 01-30-20, 03:26 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked 1,513 Times in 906 Posts
Originally Posted by gildelrosan
Go for the Giant Anyroad 1 (allux frame carbon fork)
(Psssst; that post is from 2016!) Hey, respond to this and you'll be able to post pics!
Likes For Korina:
Old 04-17-20, 07:02 AM
gildelrosan

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Old 11-06-20, 03:17 PM
pbechard

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Have to agree - just got a nearly new 2016 Anyroad 2 and love it so far. Gotta get a few more posts before I can post a pic of it!