Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Old tacx electromagnetic trainer question

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-20, 12:29 PM
atomasz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,
can anyone help me with experience on old tacx trainer?
I've got recently on old used tacx cycleforce basic trainer. It's a dumb one but with a computer head unit wich controls the electromagnetic resistance. My problem is that it hasn't the cadence sensor that was originali supplied. This type of trainers had basicly two modes, slope mode, which is like a mechanically controlled resistance mode, and another mode is programmed power mode in which the trainer sets the resistance to keep the programmed watt value. This second mode doesn't work properly without the cadence sensor. But slope mode i can use without cadence sensor.
And my question is: is there any affect of the cadence sensor in slope mode? Can anyone try it who has such a type of trainer, like basic, excel or old flow i think thees are similar ones.
​​​​​​