Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Univega Italsport what's it worth and what will it be worth

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.
View Poll Results: You suggestion on what to do with this bike
Detail, service and sell
100.00%
Part out and sell components
0%
Use as donor for all parts minus seat and post
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-20, 12:57 AM
Alsobay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 44 Posts

Just brought this to my storage while I decide just what to do with it. I am not in any way attached to this bike. I have an Ocshner frameset that will have illustrative art on white powder coat. All artwork will will be done by my daughter, who is a fine arts major at Otis College of Art and Design. Anyone who may know the the value of the Univega Italsport, please let know, as it will help me decide if it will be a donor for it's parts. This Univega frame is too small for me.

​​​​​Thanks!

​​​​​

Last edited by Alsobay; 07-30-20 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-30-20, 05:01 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3846 Post(s)
Liked 6,437 Times in 3,183 Posts
Interesting that it has some Athena on it (levers and rear derailleur), not just Triomphe like the others I've seen.

I bought one a couple years ago as a donor. It was an '85. I love Triomphe. And it's really nice to have a bb that matches the crankset group. All the parts went to good use on two different bikes. "No regerts!"

I was unimpressed with the frame. And I love Miyatas. The rear triangle was über heavy. You can't sell something like that as a frameset, so I built it up with Shimano 600 and resold the Italsport as a Japasport. It went quick at $320 or so.

If you part out your bike, it will probably be worth more than it is right now. If you rebuild it and add new consumables ... who knows.

I'd be interested in that rear mech!

edit: unsure if the integrated levers are Athena. More research needed.

Last edited by SurferRosa; 07-30-20 at 05:09 PM.
Likes For SurferRosa:
Old 07-31-20, 09:28 AM
Alsobay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
Interesting that it has some Athena on it (levers and rear derailleur), not just Triomphe like the others I've seen.

I bought one a couple years ago as a donor. It was an '85. I love Triomphe. And it's really nice to have a bb that matches the crankset group. All the parts went to good use on two different bikes. "No regerts!"

I was unimpressed with the frame. And I love Miyatas. The rear triangle was über heavy. You can't sell something like that as a frameset, so I built it up with Shimano 600 and resold the Italsport as a Japasport. It went quick at $320 or so.

If you part out your bike, it will probably be worth more than it is right now. If you rebuild it and add new consumables ... who knows.

I'd be interested in that rear mech!

edit: unsure if the integrated levers are Athena. More research needed.
Great assessment and write-up. Definitely leaning towards the part out option. Don't really need another bike. I'll send you a PM about the rear mech.